Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

User Info Menu

Re: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

Look at the size of that sub next to the chicken wings!

User Info Menu

OMG You made me go back and look! haha It's the silverware!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Gerry you one wild and crazy guy!! LOL

User Info Menu

Great sunset, just what I needed!
    Great spot Gerry, hah!

User Info Menu

wow you were right about that sunset!!!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

I'm in cold rainy Birmingham England working a trade show, you are warming me up with your trip report. PLEASE keep it going!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks all ~ more to come tomorrow. First official day back at work today...Good Lord ~ I hate playing catch up!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Ok, sorry for the delay. The first week back to work was a little brutal and on top of it, my uncle passed after a long illness. I'll try to pick up where I left off...

Ok, I think we were heading back to Sunnyside. Let me say, that I adore Maureen, Robert, and Odie. "Odie with a smile" was always ready for us with a cold beer and a smile. However, as we hung out with him more, I renamed him..."Odie on my nerves!" All in good fun of course! He was trying his best to get hubby to go out with him after he closed the bar and I just wouldn't bite. Ok...I don't care if he goes...lol He didn't...too much sun and sand and beer...

During the day, they started building some little thatch umbrellas over in front of Myrna's store. It took a long time and there wasn't very much progress. By that night, both of the frames were up, but there was a lot of discussion on the stability of them. One of them, you could wiggle with two fingers. Lots of laughs and OSHA discussions around these two little huts. As we were sitting there, a man sat down at the picnic table across from us and introduced himself. I believe, Bluez was there as well. He introduced himself as Garfield. How could I not laugh? Where else in the world would you be sitting on a beach with Garfield and Odie? Garfield had some house plans that he wanted to show me. I explained that I wasn't looking to buy a house here...but if I changed my mind, I would find him. He stayed and hung out with us and we chatted the night away. I think my math skills deteriorate when I'm in Jamaica. We went for 1 more beer before bed....several beers later, we headed back to the hotel and off to dreamland.

Sunday morning ~ wake up and head over to Cafe Goa for breakfast. Due to my deteriorating math skills, I opted only for fruit and toast. Hubby on the other hand, enjoyed a great big breakfast! We had thought about getting there closer to the webcast, but as it often goes, the best laid plans seem to disintegrate in Negril. One of the things that we found difficult, was being early risers. It's not an easy feat to find breakfast early. Later in the week, I found that the little place towards Roots Bamboo is open 24 hours, but we never ended up there.

Back to the beach. This trip was all about relaxing for us. We had no plans and no timeline for anything. It was heavenly! We did most of what we did yesterday, except today included A LOT of water. So instead of Sunnyside, we inserted Myrnas for water. Pretty soon, hubby decided he was done for awhile and headed back to the room for a nap. Bluez and I decided to head down the beach. We walked down to SunBeach and had a dirty banana while hanging out in their fun chairs. From there we made our way to the Boat Bar and had a dirty banana there. They put a little vanilla in their dirty bananas there and they were really good. We hung out there for awhile and listened to the jazz singer for a bit. He was hysterical! We stayed for a bit then headed out in search of food. Made it back to Rooms and then next door for a box lunch. Fried chicken, rice and peas, and coleslaw for 3.50. It was GREAT! A bit later, Brian came back out. We decided the three of us would head down to Bourbon Beach for dinner tonight. We all headed back to our rooms, got ready, and walked the road down to BB. It was a Ting and Pepsi kind of drinking night with dinner. I had the jerk chicken, as did hubby. Bluez...I can't seem to recall what she had. Either way, it was a good meal. The music was good during dinner, as the DJ was getting set up for the evening. We didn't stay too late, and headed back down towards rooms, making a couple more stops along the way. I think Bluez was looking for sunscreen? Headed over to Myrna's to grab some more waters and we called it an early night.

Name:  IMG_0071.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0077.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0079.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0082.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0084.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  89.9 KB

[/url]

User Info Menu

I know that Bluez mentioned in her report that I met Powerstrap. Indeed I did. And for the first few days ~ we saw him everywhere we went. I don't think that I mentioned that on our first night over at Sunnyside, he approached us and introduced himself. Oh...I've heard about you, I told him. Was is surprise or concern that crossed his face? Neither, I believe he was just proud of the fact that he was "known". Well...we had a long conversation about how tan I could get. He wanted me to buy a bracelet. I told him, to come find me on Tuesday (yeah yeah, I know better) but beers will do that to a girl. After some prolonged discussion about my not getting very tan (remember it was our first day) we agreed that I would talk to him again about the bracelets on Tuesday.

The next day, he tried to sell me a bracelet. Um...Tuesday, remember? I asked. Oh yeah!! I remember you now! And so it went until that fateful day, I now refer to as Tuesday. I will continue the story of Powerstrap when I get to Tuesday. Stay tuned...

[/url]

User Info Menu

Loving your report Jenn Garfield and Odie, so funny! I do remember Garfield asking me if I like small, medium or large bamboo, hmmm LOL

Boatbar's dirty banana was delicious but Sunnyside wins cause it has Odie and gives you more (1 1/2 cups) for less $400

Powerstrap had the peacock thing going on when he found out we had heard of him...hahahaha

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~