Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Moondance villas closed??

User Info Menu

Moondance villas closed??

Finally able to convince another couple families to share the expense . It appears they are closed.
    Anyone know what happened?

User Info Menu

Re: Moondance villas closed??

Oh that is a shame if true! I got a tour of that place many years ago. What a nice property. Definitely too rich for my blood. I wonder where the staff went - I knew the manager- very nice gal

User Info Menu

Been closed since after the first of the year, shame, great place. Got a chance once to stay in a 5BR for just two of us, walked in and got it for 1/5th of the price.

User Info Menu

That's strange. The "Moondance Resorts" website only has info for Moondance Cliffs, with no mention of the Villas.

I spent an afternoon at Moondance Cliffs once, while my wife was getting her hair done at their salon. They welcomed me at their pool bar (as long as I was pounding Red Stripes while I waited for my wife), but the entire resort seemed dead. The bartenders told me that it would get busier later in the week as there was a wedding party coming in. It made me wonder how they managed to stay open with such sporadic business. I would have thought that the Villas were their bread and butter.

Beautiful resorts - both of them. But yeah, way out of my league.

User Info Menu

MLS #: 9569
    Property type: Hotel
    Price: USD $5,700,000

Description:
    Moon Dance Villas is set on a beautiful stretch of Negril's famed 7-Mile Beach located on 4 acres. Six luxurious villas ranging from one to five bedrooms are all elegantly appointed with ample space, comfortable furnishings, lush gardens, entertainment centers, incredible artwork, private pools and Jacuzzis and brilliant views. Sculpture gardens and fountains scattered throughout the grounds offer surprises at every turn. Each villa has air conditioning, internet access, cable TV, pool and Jacuzzi. Set in a tropical paradise. Sitting on 4 acres, the property has 6 villas totalling 20 bedrooms and 300 ft. of beach front. Moon Dance Villas include 1) Ginger Breeze: 5 Bedrooms, 5 1/2 Bathrooms. 2) Bay Whisper: 5 Bedrooms, 5 1/2 Bathrooms. 3) Azure Sky: 4 Bedrooms, 4 1/2 Bathrooms. 4) Dream Walk: 3 Bedrooms, 3 1/2 Bathrooms. 5) Satin Sunrise: 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms. 6) Lilac Mist: 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom... Call for viewing appointment and further details available on request.

User Info Menu

6 beachfront houses for 5.7 million. Wow. I've seen more expensive real estate in New Jersey (which I also cannot afford) for a single home.

User Info Menu

Very strange they would close before the sale but I am guessing the owner is not that concened about the extra rent money he would have received .rob, maybe you can start a crowd funding deal and the board will own the property.

User Info Menu

It is not on the beach but if you want a beautiful home for up to 3 couples but no small children, I highly recommend Little Waters Villa on the Westend 3 doors before MoonDance Cliffs. The house includes a Concierge/Chef, a house keeper and a gardener. Swimming pool, cave and lower cliff deck just feet off the water.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Very strange they would close before the sale but I am guessing the owner is not that concened about the extra rent money he would have received .rob, maybe you can start a crowd funding deal and the board will own the property.

It's a challenging location due to somewhat loud parties on either side. I wonder how many guests checked out due to noise.