Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Places to stay in Port Antonio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Places to stay in Port Antonio

Good stuff...more details on this guest house please =)

TAH yes they may notice your Empress but it will not be the disrespect you encounter in Negril. I have never been disrespected and definitely can't say the same for Negril. Dinner at Geejam and Saturday night live jazz and dinner at Trident are good choices. Also enjoyed the sports bar in town - Time Out. Reich Falls, Rafting down the Rio Grande and beach days at Winnifred and Long Bay are all things you guys would enjoy. Give Portland a chance, I don't think you will regret it.

User Info Menu

Re: Places to stay in Port Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Good stuff...more details on this guest house please =)

TAH yes they may notice your Empress but it will not be the disrespect you encounter in Negril. I have never been disrespected and definitely can't say the same for Negril. Dinner at Geejam and Saturday night live jazz and dinner at Trident are good choices. Also enjoyed the sports bar in town - Time Out. Reich Falls, Rafting down the Rio Grande and beach days at Winnifred and Long Bay are all things you guys would enjoy. Give Portland a chance, I don't think you will regret it.
    Geejam has been on the bucket list for a while now. I still kick myself for passing up an amazing rate there last year, it was some crazy low price (less than $200/nt) considering their normal rates, and I've never seen it that cheap since that time. In Negril, I've ony ever had one time where a guy (with his group of friends in tow) made an unfortunate comment (not directly to us, but loud enough to clearly be heard). I've been pretty impressed overall with Jamaicans level of respect for a guy with his woman, but new places always put me on guard. Now, back to the rabbit hole... I have some research to do!