Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Reviews only my opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_Buckeye_1 View Post
    But sorry Marko, I have to agree with Living_the_Dream that De Bar has passed 3 Dives on everything but the view - food/price/wait time.
    Don't get me wrong, I still hit 3 Dives each reach - but go to De Bar more often, now.
    Eddie is a super duper guy and his food is superb however as you mentioned it's not water side and a lot go to Tree Dives for the food and the view........kinda like a total package deal..........now if Eddie was on the water.........that be a whole different ballgame........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

The guy who was running Jenny,s is long gone they are undecided what the next move is, Ohio Buckeye you should rent it. lol Gerry your right about the chicken at RIU it is really good. Debar is one of my favourites and I prefer the atmosphere there over 3 Dives even though its not on the water.Best jerk sauces I have tried are #1 Margaritaville #2 Grand Pineapple(Sandals) hate to even say that but both are really good. But thats a whole other topic.

User Info Menu

Sweet and Spicy-had to keep going back. Juicy's-great food and setting, during a rain storm it is a gathering spot. The hottest sauce I've encountered-even hotter than north africa-was the brown sauce at Club Bourbon, it took my mouth over an hour to recover. Just Natural is the place for a light, healthy breakfast.
    Last edited by ishimon49; 08-30-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

I posted this question in my thread under Maps ... but I'll give it a shot here. I'm only in Negril for 2 nights. That makes two dinner opportunities. And with all the reviews of all the restaurants it's hard to really pin point two best places to get the best meals for dinner in my short stay. So if you had only two dinners in Negril where would you go ?

User Info Menu

Mandy I will answer in three parts depending on the experience you are looking for

If you want local flavor and local flair I would do De bar and sharks

If you want something more upscale for a nice date night type thing I would do Ivan's and Rockhouse

If you want somewhere in the middle do LTU and Xtabi
    Timm

Don't Tread on Me!
    The tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to tim with the "Blood of Tyrants"

User Info Menu

Hmmmm....loaded question Manda....

Cheap eats---Pick a barrel! Literally. Or, you can try Best in the West, near beach...Sweet Spice downtown...Jus Natural on the Cliffs.

Middle of the Road---Canoe Bar, between beach and cliffs, its oceanside and has a beach...Pushcart at Rockhouse on the cliffs....Xtabi on the cliffs

Upscale---Le Vendome at Charela Inn on the beach...Kuyaba on the beach...Rockhouse on the Cliffs

That's not a total list by any means...just my choices!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

I'm looking for one dinner on the cliffs and one dinner on the beach as my hotel is on the beach. Looks like Xtabi,3 Dives and Ivan's are the three I've boiled it down to for the cliff side. Being that it's Saturday I'll probably move from dinner on to the seastar for the show eventually. Both dinners don't have to be "romantic" or "date type" as I'm not going to be on a date lol But having a beautiful space is nice regardless

What I'm looking for;
    1. nice "view" diffinitely the sunset at least one of these nights for dinner. This is where I think I'll eat on the cliffs.
    2. GOOD FOOD
    3. Good vibe (atmosphere)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    I'm looking for one dinner on the cliffs and one dinner on the beach as my hotel is on the beach. Looks like Xtabi,3 Dives and Ivan's are the three I've boiled it down to for the cliff side. Being that it's Saturday I'll probably move from dinner on to the seastar for the show eventually. Both dinners don't have to be "romantic" or "date type" as I'm not going to be on a date lol But having a beautiful space is nice regardless

What I'm looking for;
    1. nice "view" diffinitely the sunset at least one of these nights for dinner. This is where I think I'll eat on the cliffs.
    2. GOOD FOOD
    3. Good vibe (atmosphere)
    Sounds like Ivan's to me. Then you walk up the lane for the show at Seastar.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reviews. Iam a first timer to Negril, and appreciate all the input I can get.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meinvancouver View Post
    Sounds like Ivan's to me. Then you walk up the lane for the show at Seastar.
    I'll second that. Ivan's is located nearly at the start of Seastar Lane off the main road along the West End. You can thank both of us later.