I mentioned this in another post and have had several PM's about it so decided to repost form about a year or two ago.

Places we ate on our trip and thoughts on them. They are in random order rated by $ and *for quality. Also there is a dinner list and lunch list. There are many other places worth trying and I know I have forgotten a few.

DINNER LIST

De Bar $ ****
Service was good Eddie, Trevor and Joseph all great. We ate here twice and each trip was about 1 hour for food to arrive. Not bad being they cook to order and we had a good variety of jerk chicken, brown stew and curry. All were good. Top 3 spot

LTU $$$ ****
Good as usual, food in about a hour and quality Drinks. never have been disappointed here

Rock House $$$ ***
Good food especially coconut chicken with a nice bar. I like the place but would rather give my business to the smaller locally owned places.

Xtabi $$$ ***
Good food and Bar. more on the upscale side, what i like is not as crowded as Rock House when you want a little pampering.

Catch a Falling Star $$$ ***
Good Food and excellent bar Ivans is getting better each trip.

Sharks $ ****
Good food and Juliet is super. she will cook anything you want even if not on the menu just let her know during the day so she has it on hand. curry lobster is awesome. This is a Top 3 Spot. Juliet and Shark just seem to treat us like family.

3 Dives $$ could be $$$ **
Used to be a favorite place, still up there but with problems. Food is as good as ever but the Lobster has gotten expensive $ 28.00. Worst thing is the wait as it has gotten more well know service is terrible slow went on a Sunday and Friday and both nights the wait was 2 to 3 hours, Just way too long.

Seastar $$ *
We don’t really like a Buffet so not so good for us, and the price has gone up from 12 to 15 dollars. We love the music when they are singing but the Drummers get old after a bit as all the songs sound the same. They do have a TV for football though.

Alice’s $$ *
Service was great but when we ordered jerk chicken, brown strew and curry chicken and it came in less than 20 minutes I knew we were in trouble, I expect a hour wait for fresh prepaired food. It was like they had things pre cooked and just warmed them up. The opposite of 3 dives. Fries were very good as a appetizer.

Sweet Spice $$***
Kind of a spot for locals on the road to Sav, food has always been good not great but good. More than anything the only place i have eaten that has Air Conditioning!

Sips and Bites $$ ***
Nice road side place, good variety and price.

LUNCH LIST

Ras Roddy’s $ ***
Great veggie lunch at great price

Miss Sonia’s $$ ****
Best patties anywhere in the world superb dinner items. our friends stayed in the long house at Tensing Pen and that room has a private Kitchen. We had Miss Sonia come and cook one night and was one of the single best meals i have had in my life. she is a great story teller. Top 3 spot

Canoe Bar $$ *
Ok food, price and atmosphere, not as good a some have made it out to be. You here about the best fries in the world. Yes they are from fresh cut potatoes if they only new the trick to blanch them in ice water first to make them crispy. as a place to hang out great but after reviews from other people i was expecting more.

Jus Natural $$ **
Great food and service

Out of Town Pastry $ **
Good Food but go early before they sell out

Jucie Patties $ **
Good bargain a favorite for lunch. cheep enough to take a route taxi from west end just to pick up lunch and still not blow up the budget.

Selina’s $$ **
Food was good but the band is too loud. we have only eaten here for breakfast on sundays and have not been there since it change names and Selina moved back to Canada. I am sure Big Roy is still cooking up great pancakes.

Leroy’s Jerk $$ *
Good quality and normally has something on the grill but a little over priced. He wants 600j for a ¼ chicken and same thing at De bar is 450j. He get 2 dollar signs for that.

Timm {Don't Tread On Me}