Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: around & about Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Name:  jkfst 12 beenie.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  jkfst 7.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  jkfst 8 etanna.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  jkfst 9.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  jkfst 10.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  60.2 KB

Much going on pon the stage from morning till darkness. Dancers…singers both young and old entertained the masses for hours. Good entertainment. I had a blast!

Headliners were Beenie Man, Etanna, Terry Linen, Sizzler and the Dragonaires

All were great but Etana had me begging for more! When she sang, she hushed the crowd with her words and voice. Yes, Yes…she I want to see again. On the other hand, I’ve paid to see Beenie Man for the last time.

User Info Menu

Awesome report! Great pictures of the jerk festival. Lots of people and stands. You have me so excited about our trip.
    If you could, please PM me the contact for your river raft guide, or email me direct at jeannie_brim@hotmail.com. That might be something we will consider if we get bored one day. I like to support a person who owns their own raft as opposed to going through the tour company. The tour companies take most of the profit.
    It's great knowing we can catch a route taxi on the main road to get into town.
    Thanks for the price list at the jerk center. Prices seem very fare. I was worried they'd be jacked up due to the tour buses that stop. Hopefully we can find a boat captain willing to take us over to Navy Island.
    I think Moore Town would be a great addition to our Reich Falls day trip.

User Info Menu

I'll that info to you as soon as I can.

The prices at the Jerk Center don't change no matter who comes to buy or the occassion (holiday). Oh and the festival there is delicious!!!

User Info Menu

A cup of mint tea on a hot morning in Jamaica is a must.

Name:  5mint tea.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  59.1 KB

The bar and dinning area at Tim Bamboo

Name:  5TB 1.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  89.1 KB

User Info Menu

Vi

The festival looks like a lot of fun.....love the photos of Boston Beach and Boston Jerk......please keep them coming...it's bringing back lovely memories.

User Info Menu

So much more yet to come Sammy...stay with me, darlin so we can sign over these memories together.

User Info Menu

Name:  4flower 2.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  4flower 1.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  92.4 KB

On day four, I decided to do absolutely nothing but find some place to park and write while the rest of the world spun around me. I remembered the gazebos in the marina/pier area and thought lodging in one would be the perfect place. I head out with my bag, journal, fruit and ice water.

The walk to the marina was pleasant even in the morning heat.

Name:  4marina 4.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  96.2 KB

User Info Menu

The Errol Flynn Marina and the pier

Name:  4marina 1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  96.4 KB

Still fairly early, I shouldn’t have any problem finding an unoccupied gazebo.

Wrong.

They were all filled.

Name:  4marina 3.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  4marina 2.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  99.6 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  4marina 5.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  4marina 8.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  4marina 6.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  78.1 KB

Name:  4marina 7.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  90.2 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  4marina 9.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  101.2 KB

The concrete benches would be an option if they weren’t directly in the sun. I needed shade or risk being cooked by the rays and getting sun poisoning again. So I kept walking and taking pictures hoping one of the gazebos would empty out soon.

Name:  4marina 10.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  94.4 KB

Thirty minutes later I gave up on the gazebo idea and decided to head back into town for fruit and then back to the room to write.