Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

It's 44 degrees here & your pictures are the perfect "warm-up" ~ Love the beverage holder, too!!!
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

44?!?! urgh!! Okay Patricia, I'll keep the rays streaming until you can catch them yourself. I notice your ticker so your wait is not a long one. You headed to Negril?

User Info Menu

One of my favorite things to do when I’m here is watch the ocean crash into the rocks to the right. From out of nowhere, it seems the waters will swell and with all its might, slap the corner of the rocks. Real sneaky. Could I ever get closer to the assault? Feel the cool spray on my body and resist the urge to jump in?

I wanted to take that “scene” that breathtaking activity back with me so with the help of Canon I collected a couple of videos. This one is less flawed. I talk a little, but I can’t make out what the heck I’m saying. I laugh. Wish I could remember what tickled me so.

User Info Menu

The food is excellent here. Lunch was ackee n salffish layered on a hearty helping of rice n peas. Yeah twice in one day, but it was delicious and only 200J. Besides in a few days, I won’t be able to get it at all so I’m having my fill. Couldn’t finish it all. Next time I’ll get the fish.

Decided to dry off, pack up my music and head to Long Bay beach. i noticed on the way to Under the Rock that the Chill Out Restaurant and Bar has reopened so I’m anxious to check it out.

User Info Menu

Yep, heading to Negril to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Yes I. Love the video, brings a bit of the vibe back to cold and rainy Michigan. Thanks.

Oh, and maybe I've just had bad luck, but I have never had saltfish that I liked. It's always been way too "fishy" tasting for me, and I love fish in general. Oh well, maybe I'll try it again someday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Yep, heading to Negril to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary
    Patricia…CONGRATULATIONS to you BOTH! I can’t think of a more romantic setting than Jamaica to celebrate any anniversary year. Take wine glasses with you (they may be hard to find) and pour whatever you want into them for that special toast to each other. Cheers!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Yes I. Love the video, brings a bit of the vibe back to cold and rainy Michigan. Thanks.

Oh, and maybe I've just had bad luck, but I have never had saltfish that I liked. It's always been way too "fishy" tasting for me, and I love fish in general. Oh well, maybe I'll try it again someday.
    THANK YOU TAH for the video compliment. Thought it might be boring since I locked it on the one object. I'm glad you "felt" the same vibe as me. I like saltfish sparinging. Never found the smell overpowering but the salt can be too much for my taste. The breakfast Mrs. Scott's prepared was perfect. She must have soaked the fish for a long time.

User Info Menu

I made O’Neil pull over when I caught sight of this massive beast chillin so close to the road. A bull. The biggest bull I’ve ever seen and as a child I lived across from a farm that had plenty. But not like this monster.

“wow…check that out! he’s huge!!”
    “Yeah that’s a big one fe true.”

**click**

“No horns.”
    “They remove dem.”
    “Looks weird without horns.”
    “Less dangerous without them.”
    “I guess, but it looks…umm…feminine with no horns.”
    “Feminine??”
    “Yeah.”
    “He doesn’t need horns to prove him power.”

**click**

“You get a good photo of him?”
    “Yeah, it’s pretty clear but you can’t really tell how BIG it is. Do me a favor, go stand next to it and let me get a picture of you beside it.”
    “No.”
    “No? Just like that?? I’m not asking you to ride it, just go as close as your comfort will allow you, but close enough that you both will be in the picture.”
    “No.”

**he starts the car**

“oh come on...don't be a wuss...the thing is behind a fence. Besides he doesn’t have horns.”

**we pull off without another word**

DWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!