Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 145459606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    I'm baa-aack...
    no way! Okay, where's the report??? Post the link here so I won't miss it. Welcome back TAH! I probably missed you just as much as Mrs. TAH!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I'm patiently waiting.
    and I appreciate your patience butterbaby

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Enough of watching other people have fun in the sun, I’m ready to do some real swimming!! But who will babysit my crap???? I removed the card from my camera and placed it in a tiny zip loc bag that was holding my extra battery. Secured under my headscarf & hat, it went with me into the ocean.
    Last edited by *vi*; 12-16-2014 at 04:58 PM.

User Info Menu

YEAH! Theres more! I love beach volleyball

User Info Menu

Thanks vi, Mrs TAH handled my absence quite well, we talked most every day I was away. I was surprised at just how forgiving she was of my leaving without her, I've never done that before... We'll be back there in March, doing a split trip between the West End and Treasure Beach. Soon come.

Loving the report miss vi. When is your next trip?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
    YEAH! Theres more! I love beach volleyball
    Hi Schuttzie...I do too but only as a spectator, especially in that heat!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Thanks vi, Mrs TAH handled my absence quite well, we talked most every day I was away. I was surprised at just how forgiving she was of my leaving without her, I've never done that before... We'll be back there in March, doing a split trip between the West End and Treasure Beach. Soon come.

Loving the report miss vi. When is your next trip?
    And why should you be surprised??? She knows she's got a good man whose days and nights were filled with thoughts of his Empress and counting down the days to see her smile again. "sigh" I can tell you two have a special dedication to each other. Treasure it and each other dearly.

Sooooo glad you made it back safely, TAH, and I can't wait to hear about all the fun you guys had. I'm trying to get back in March. It depends on airfare coming down and my pay going up. (insert praying smilie here)

User Info Menu

The water felt fabulous. It really did. Although Negril beach is one of the best in Jamaica, I’m definitely missing the beaches of Portland. The water here is calm, very calm. I barely feel a current or wave. Portland waters are much livelier. I would say the calmest is Frenchman’s Cove, but that’s only if you don’t go near the rocks. Oh Boston Beach keeps you busy jumping and riding the waves or playing tug of war with the under current. I’m not complaining nor passing a “this verses that” judgment. Negril’s beach itself displays much more activity than ANY Portland beach, but the water is the total opposite, so quiet and so disciplined. More “socially” accommodating. With the absence of jet skis these waters are perfect for mingling and/or meditating. Voices speak and laughers ring out undisturbed by roaring motors and the screams of sales pitches from over zealous operators.

The moment is incredibly serene as I stand looking out upon the great scope of seemingly endless ocean. The sun’s rays are toasting my brown skin browner. My co-workers are going to be so jealous when they see me walk into the office adorned by Jamaica from head to toe.

I’m experiencing absolute inner peace. Like the first night me and my babies slept in our new apartment after leaving my first husband. We didn’t know what the next day would bring, but we knew we were going to be alright facing it. I don’t want to leave Jamaica tomorrow, but I will face departure without tears because I go with a personal vow to return to where my inner peace will be experienced absolutely.

It feels like time has stopped. Maybe it has??? Of course it hasn’t and that means I’m closer to dragging myself through the “exiting-the-rock” doors with my back towards Jamaica. With that thought I need a drink.

I turn around looking at my chair and notice the lounger that was a distance from mine is now only inches away and obviously occupied. What is this??!! There is no reason for someone to park that close to mine. I take a couple of step towards the shore with a slight attitude and blazing thirst.

…ohmygoodness…what the…did something just swim by me????????????

User Info Menu

What just swam by you must have been the friendly ocean welcoming party, we had the same Manta swim by our section of beach pretty much the same time every day. It's still pretty scarry tho.