Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: weather in late October

User Info Menu

weather in late October

I've travelled for 30 years to Negril, mostly in April. Can anyone tell me if the weather is any different generally in late October? Also is it quieter, tourist-wise? Any other comments are welcome...thanks. will be there in two weeks..can't wait. Haven't been back since april 2012.

User Info Menu

Re: weather in late October

Hi there, debhawk. Normally Hurricane season is between June and November...However, we have been having good weather here and also on the quite side as well. But, depending on the side you're staying on, can be busy or calm...Cliffs or Beach side. Please come take a tour with us when you're here in JA!

Last edited by SUNBABY BOAT; 10-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Sunny regards,

Tanya

www.SunbabyBoatReviews.com

User Info Menu

We have never been in late October but have visited early November. In our case 2 weeks after then tropical storm Sandy visited. It was noticeably warmer than when we normally visit in February but not too hot. Less crowded for sure and the water was like bathwater (a good thing!). Since we went during hurricane season we did take out travel insurance that year and we normally do not. Other than being too short it was a great trip.

User Info Menu

Sometimes it rains...some times it doesn't
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Lol
    exactly!

User Info Menu

Thanks all. I was just curious. I know it is hurricane season. I've seen all sorts of varying weather,in my 30 years. The weather can't mess with the Irie vibe! Jamaica is like no other place I've ever been.

User Info Menu

We were there the last week of October in 2013 and are going back to Coco again this year. We had a little rain almost every day, typically in the later part of the afternoon. Certainly not enough to dampen our spirits, but we did book a room with a covered patio this time The temperature was perfect and the beach is much quieter, we didn't see a lot of the vendors that we normally do in December or April... Having said that, I expect the beach at Coco will be busy, apparently they have only 1 JS available