Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Xtabi ocean-rocks

User Info Menu

Xtabi ocean-rocks

Yes it was labor of love. It is rebuilt, and looks great.

User Info Menu

You mean the concrete platform...used for naked sunbathing ?

User Info Menu

Thanks for responding to my question in the other thread.

Thats amazing as its massive.

User Info Menu

They started it back at the end of April. The water level was low and very calm. Each rock was put into place by hand. There were just 2 or 3 guys in very hot long days. I went back down the first week of Aug. and they had it done. They have it niceeeee. Papa George, you can swim-up on the old part that is about 1 foot under water. Ya'll have fun on "Jah Cliffs".....Jus Cool Mon..!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Woodymon. That was quite the undertaking. I was in total shock as I saw it split and drop into the water. Crazy storm.

Papa Georgie....You can see the old part of the rock in the water in the other thread with my photos.

User Info Menu

Wow!!!! No kidding?
    That's amazing...I was there in October 2007 and then again in November 2008 just after that storm Mr. Twister mentioned....and I was shocked when I saw the rock was half gone. Andrew, there at Xtabi, said the storm broke it and you could clearly see the other half (or more) visible under water.....I can't beleive they have put it back.....that is amazing! Woo Hoo I will have to check it out in a couple of weeks! Yay

User Info Menu

I'll repost my photos that were in the original thread with my inquiry

These were taken right after the storm settled. I've also posted a photo so you can see the magnitude of the storm. Photos were taken at Samsara & Xtabi.

Name:  resized_image1.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  58.0 KB
    Name:  resized_image2.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  59.9 KB
    Name:  resized_image4.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  37.3 KB
    Name:  Negril November 2008 273 (Small).jpg
Views: 578
Size:  37.9 KB
    Name:  500_00355403 (Small).jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  30.4 KB
    Name:  Negril November 2008 016 (Small).JPG
Views: 959
Size:  31.0 KB

User Info Menu

whoa, those are some pics! And I have definitely GOT to check out Xtabi when I get back come November.