Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

We walked a bit to spot on the river. Name:  IMG_2098.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  97.9 KB

User Info Menu

We found a great place on the bank to enjoy our peanut butter sandwiches, subs and a couple cold red stripes. It was right under a Guango tree.
    Name:  IMG_2108.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  96.4 KB

User Info Menu

This was our view while enjoying lunch....

Name:  IMG_2110.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  95.4 KB

User Info Menu

About 10 years ago, I went with a couple of friends to Roaring River and spent the day inside the caves enjoying the water. I thought a few people might like to actually see what the inside of the caves look like.

Soon after entering the caves, my good friend and guide took us to a chamber where a make-shift band was playing Mento music. They drummed on the limestone formations using some to make a deep bass sound and others forming stalactites to sound like a xylophone.
    Name:  RR 4.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  42.7 KB
    My friend Mary and I took turns lying in the massaging stream while the other entered a darkened cave through a semi-underwater passageway for a personal healing massage.
    Name:  RR 5.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  56.6 KB
    The labeled "bottomless water hole" is actually about 250 feet deep according to a couple of scuba divers who explored the caves.
    Name:  RR 7.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  49.1 KB
    The water was quite cold but refreshing compared to the near 90 degree day we went.
    Name:  RR 8.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  55.9 KB
    I could have stayed there for hours but it was time to move on as we had a meeting with a Faith Healer outside Darliston.
    Name:  RR 2.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  59.1 KB
    This old tree (I believe a cottonwood) was a favorite seat to visit with my friends. BTW, we saw no evidence of bat guano or bats anywhere in the cave area we explored although the caves do extend for many miles with multiple entry and exit points so it might be possible.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Peace and Guidance

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    Beautiful photos~thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

The lights they run in the caves tend to upset the bats and bat caves upset tourist because they are not health for the lungs. Dig around online and you will also find how the water has been tested by the JA gov and found to be let's say tainted from the lack of sewers/septic systems in the community. Nice long report on suggestions for the community that the community says they never heard of.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    About 10 years ago, I went with a couple of friends to Roaring River and spent the day inside the caves enjoying the water. I thought a few people might like to actually see what the inside of the caves look like.

Soon after entering the caves, my good friend and guide took us to a chamber where a make-shift band was playing Mento music. They drummed on the limestone formations using some to make a deep bass sound and others forming stalactites to sound like a xylophone.
    Name:  RR 4.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  42.7 KB
    My friend Mary and I took turns lying in the massaging stream while the other entered a darkened cave through a semi-underwater passageway for a personal healing massage.
    Name:  RR 5.JPG
Views: 708
Size:  56.6 KB
    The labeled "bottomless water hole" is actually about 250 feet deep according to a couple of scuba divers who explored the caves.
    Name:  RR 7.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  49.1 KB
    The water was quite cold but refreshing compared to the near 90 degree day we went.
    Name:  RR 8.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  55.9 KB
    I could have stayed there for hours but it was time to move on as we had a meeting with a Faith Healer outside Darliston.
    Name:  RR 2.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  59.1 KB
    This old tree (I believe a cottonwood) was a favorite seat to visit with my friends. BTW, we saw no evidence of bat guano or bats anywhere in the cave area we explored although the caves do extend for many miles with multiple entry and exit points so it might be possible.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Peace and Guidance

Thanks for sharing the views from the caves~ are these the same place as Never2many? Water massages sound divine!

User Info Menu

"Soon after entering the caves, my good friend and guide took us to a chamber where a make-shift band was playing Mento music. They drummed on the limestone formations using some to make a deep bass sound and others forming stalactites to sound like a xylophone. "

Thanks for sharing that Accompong. I had and have read alot of reports and definitely felt like I missed something. I've heard of the Mento Band and only wished I had the same experience as you, in the caves. Awesome photos! I was actually uncomfortable in the Cave so my experience was different.
    Last edited by never2many; 03-07-2015 at 09:40 PM.

User Info Menu

... So the hour and a half we spent on the bank of the Roaring River I can say is one of the best moments that I had on my entire trip. I was with my best friend in the world, my DH, and Mr. T. It felt surreal. Euphoric. Relaxed. I feel like I can never relax and this is the best therapy I could have ever asked for. I saw two young boys, with their mothers standing far away but close enough to have their eyes on the young boys, get in the river and play and swim, and bathe. This is what I am referring to as one the best moments on my trip. Here's a picture I captured but even this picture can't describe what I felt in the moment and unfortunately my writing skills can't describe it either.

Name:  River Boys.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  97.3 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 03-07-2015 at 10:15 PM.

User Info Menu

About a half hour after this photo was taken, A new model BMW BACKED into the river with 2 guys in the front seats and 2 young ladies in the back of the Beamer. All wheels were under water. All 4 doors opened and the two girls in the back got out of the vehicle, one was very well dressed and sporting 4 inch heels. I couldn't for the life of me understand why these guys were backing into the river and letting their fine looking and fine dressed ladies out, in the water, to walk to dry land. This is the opposite of any chivalry that I knew. I asked Mr. T what they were doing. He said they are going to wash the car. I still didn't believe him. But that is what they did. Backed their new Beamer into the river, ladies out (in the water) and they washed the car. Again, a moment I wish I had on film.