Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

About the little guitar DH is playing... I asked him to bring my little guitar since I never have time to play it here at home. So in lieu of the his Kind Guitar, we dragged along my little camp guitar. I didn't play it at all in Negril. I was too pre-occupied with the other happenings around me that I couldn't focus enough to play. So he had to play my little instrument the whole time. I felt guilty for insisting on bringing it rather than one of his own. But it still sounded good and certainly served it's purpose while we were there.

User Info Menu

We spent another hour at BB grooving to the beat. I was HUNGRY now. I asked Mr. T where we can eat. He said nothings really open besides the Jerk stands. That sounded perfect to me. I was definitely in no shape to prepare a meal on my own.

User Info Menu

We went to World Best Jerk Stand just outside of BB on the street. Nothing like seeing the chef with a big fattie in his mouth at 2 am. He hooked us up with some Really great Jerk Chicken, white bread and I think a few sides of something else. We went back to room and inhaled it. DELISH! Now it was time to pack up in my drunken frame of mind. NO fun. I know you what I mean. I wish we were staying one more day, but driver will be here at 10 am and we are off to Montego Bay for the last day. I'll tell you all about that too.

Name:  JA 2015 492.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  JA 2015 496.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  83.1 KB

User Info Menu

DAY 7

After a bit of sleep, we finished packing and consumed some left over patties for breakfast. I don't recommend this. DH sneaked out while I was showering and bought me a beautiful Rasta Dress as an early Valentines gift.

I gave Mr. T alll of our groceries and other items that no longer fit in out suitcases to take home. Driver Max arrived promptly at 10 am for our ride to Montego Bay.

DH & I had gone back and forth so many times as to whether spend the final day there as opposed to Negril. In the end we decided to since we never spent time there. We also decided against any stops along the way as we wanted to time explore Montego and time was no longer on our side. We packed a cooler of some Malta's and Red Stripes and off to Mobay we go....
    Last edited by never2many; 04-11-2015 at 12:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Max dropped us off at the Vista De La Bahia, a beautiful Bed and Breakfast located just off the Hip Strip. We were warmly greeted by the owners and maid. Our room wouldn't be ready for some time so they helped carry our bags upstairs and invited us to enjoy the pool area. They brought us fresh lemonade. This place was gorgeous!!! I felt like I just checked into the Ritz. Here's a picture of the pool area.

Name:  IMG_2242.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  86.8 KB

User Info Menu

I was hungry and it was pretty warm. We decided to go grab a bite to eat. We went to The Pelican which is owned by the same family that owns Vista, as well as a sister property across the street, The Polkerris B&B. It was a major ordeal getting off the B&B property. It is on lock down. You have to go through the locked pool area, back inside, and through locked doors again, and then through 2 more locked gates. There are also alot of security camera's everywhere. I was feeling a little "too safe".....It was then a very steep walk off the property.

The Pelican looks like a remodeled Denny's on the inside but the food was amazing. I enjoyed the best shrimp salad I've ever had. The rum punch was delish too. A bit on the pricey side but excellent food and service.
    Name:  IMG_1574.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  95.5 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 04-12-2015 at 08:48 PM.

User Info Menu

After lunch we took a walk in the park. It was next to Margaritaville. I soon discovered Montego Bay has a totally different feel than Negril. It reminds me more of South Florida. I was glad that 2 years ago we opted to come to Negril instead of Mobay or we would have never known. The Hip Strip is not so Hip. But nevertheless I was glad we had one day to check it out.

Name:  IMG_2186.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2184.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  92.9 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 04-12-2015 at 08:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Nice report.

Respect,
    Col. Andy & "Wildcat" Pam

User Info Menu

Looks refreshing, cool sign!

User Info Menu

That's awesome, leave it to P to take his amazing talent to the island! Love the drums! Bet they were a good duo