Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 2015 Trip Report 2/6-2/14

After our Tree House visit, I was hungry and craving fried chicken. Mt. T managed to turn me on to the best fried chicken I've ever had. For some reason I can't find the pictures of the place or the chicken. This stuff was amazing! I think, but am not positive, the place is known as the corner bar and is right next to a barber shop a few miles from Pure Garden, towards town. In all the food I've tried in Negril, I want this fried chicken again. Go get some. You will thank me when you eat it.
    Last edited by never2many; 02-23-2015 at 09:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Great stuff, keep it up

User Info Menu

This report is fun! Love the fantastic pics.

User Info Menu

We went back home to Pure Garden and continued working on Jerk Sauce with our limping blender. This picture doesn't look very appetizing but if we had smell photography you'd get it. Here's also a picture of our Pure Garden apartment, where the magic was happening. Tomorrow starts my true Negril experience as Mr. T invited us to his home. And the day after we head to The Roaring River and the Cave and we hit the Sav Market. Name:  JA 2015 044.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  83.8 KBName:  JA 2015 045.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  101.4 KB

User Info Menu

I won a Dominoes game set several years ago and it sat on my shelf collecting dust because I didn't know how to play. I noticed the first trip to JA that a lot of peeps like to play so I brought them with me as a gift for Mr. T hoping he would show me how to play. So while working with the limping blender and pasteurizing containers to hopefully transport our Jerk sauce home without Immigration Man taking it away, Mr. T taught us to play. Something as simple as learning this game provided some of best memories on this trip. More on that when we get to Sav day. Mr. T won all 5 games we played but at least I now know how.Name:  IMG_1504.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  106.0 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 02-23-2015 at 01:02 PM.

User Info Menu

And yes, we were thoroughly enjoying the over-proof with the juice I bought from the juice man on the beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rustedduck View Post
    Great stuff, keep it up
    Thanks Rusteduck. You are keeping me motivated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bjritz View Post
    This report is fun! Love the fantastic pics.
    Thanks bjritz! More to come!

User Info Menu

Now that I see the Mosquito spray in the picture , let me touch on that. I was stressing about getting ill from bites. We bought 15 boxes of Cutter Advanced wipes as well as some Deep Woods. Cutter Advanced has an extra ingredient than the other repellents do not and they charge you accordingly. When we got off the plane, before I had a chance to apply it, I got bit 3 times as did my DH (dear husband) I am a mosquito MAGNET but DH is not. We slapped it on in line while waiting to get through immigration and continued to apply it every morning and afternoon and supplemented with spray. I was sick of it by the time we left but it seems to have worked. The morning we had breakfast at Bar B Barn, there was a woman that showed me her legs. They were tore up with bites, I mean like 50 to 75 bites. How do you let that happen to yourself?? At the same time she was showing me massive bites on her body, the owner of B B barn was on the phone discussing the fate of one of her friends that had Chikungunya. I left Nashville without antihistamines. I am probably one in a million that has had a severe allergic reaction to subs. While at a pharmacy down town Negril trying to cop some Benedryl of some sort as a precautionary measure, A guy came running out saying he had go get medicine home to his wife that was suffering a bout of Chikungunya. And that's all I know about it but thought I'd share my experience. We are home and all is good.
    Last edited by never2many; 02-23-2015 at 09:18 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying your report as well as your photos. Thanks for taking the time. Glad you didn't get chick v.