Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Which iPad to bring???

User Info Menu

Which iPad to bring???

Headed down with GF and her two adult children 18 & 19. Want to bring something to access the internet, take pics.

Thinking of the iPad Air or iPad Mini. Not sure if cellular option is necessary. Will consider other devices...

Appreciate any input.

VVHT

User Info Menu

Re: Which iPad to bring???

My sixteen year old son had his Mini. It worked well with the internet connection at Coco and he was able to take decent pictures and videos.

User Info Menu

Dax, good to know. Any idea the dimensions of the room safes at Coco?

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Don't worry about the cellular. Wifi is popping up everywhere in Negril. Lots of spots with really decent connections.

I noted a couple things while I was down there though in regards to television access on the iPad. Hulu, HBO Go and my Fios connections (in states, I can get about 90 channels on my iPad) did not work. Some international copyright issue.

Anything I downloaded from iTunes and the like were good to go however. That said, I should not be watching television down there anyway

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    Any idea the dimensions of the room safes at Coco?
    I don't know the exact size, but my standard iPad fits in it!

User Info Menu

What sher said. The safe is the normal sized, keypad safe that you see in all the hotels. You punch in your own code and go.

User Info Menu

I took the IPAD Mini... was perfect.
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....

User Info Menu

Thank you Boardies!

VVHT

User Info Menu

Now that's what you call a "first world problem"! Ha!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Just a word to the wise. I messed up my old tablet on the beach. Was walking and as a wave hit a tiny drop of sea water got the charging port. I still take my mini on the beach for pics but now I bring bandaids with me and cover the charging port to keep out water and sand.