Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Negril ! :)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post
    Not that I am recommending a first timer do it, but I ONLY rent "friends" vehicles. Most of the time they are motorcycles, but several times I've taken friend's cars to pick up people up in Negril and Mobay. I'm about to head to JA for 6 weeks and already secured a nice new Honda 125 for the whole time, the price was $125 for a laptop off Craigslist.
    Please be aware that there is absolutely no insurance coverage that would be in effect while renting a "friends vehicle". As previously mentioned, you would be responsible for any and all damages that would be incurred should there be an accident.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Please be aware that there is absolutely no insurance coverage that would be in effect while renting a "friends vehicle". As previously mentioned, you would be responsible for any and all damages that would be incurred should there be an accident.
    Beach Bum - Rob makes a very good point to which I would like to add. Imagine being responsible for crippling the bread winner of an already struggling Jamaican family. That family member is now a liability to his wife and children instead of an asset. Can you in good concience, sleep at night knowing that your unable to properly financially compensate this innocent family?

User Info Menu

Seems like JA agrees with Miss Manda. Have fun, be safe. Since I have to cancel my trip, I can't wait to hear all about your trip report.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Delta sorry to hear you have to cancel trip. Hope you can rebook soon.

User Info Menu

Manda, how did your first days in Mobay go???!!

User Info Menu

Thanks Angel. I will probably rebook sometime in March. Gotta make sure things at home are smooth before I can vacation. I was going then coming back to do my son's first birthday and Thanksgiving. It was too much! Something had to give.
    Happy holiday family time!

User Info Menu

Content removed for recommending illegal activities that endangers others.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Beach Bum,

What you choose to do in your own time is your own business. When you post on Negril.com, that becomes our business. Here are a few Q & A's as seen on gov.jm, a Jamaican Government website:

Q. Why should I licence my Motor Vehicle?
    A: Regulations under the Road Traffic Act require that any Motor vehicle or trailer be registered and licenced before it is used on any public road.
    Q. What documents do I need to register and licence a vehicle?
    A:

a. Certificate of Fitness
    b. Certificate of Insurance
    c. Invoice from Motor Car Dealer/Customs Entry Document
    d. Identification, eg. National ID, Passport or Driver's Licence
    e. Taxpayer Registration
    f. Where vehicle is imported by an individual – a copy of the import licence is required
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I just hope Ms Manda is safe and having fun...Driving as a newbie kind of concerned me..But , just hope all is well and she having a good time..and she learned a few lessons about da runnings in Jam. before she ventured out...The real deal with no sugar-coatings......
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Hello all!!

I'm back in Toronto It's sad ... I miss Jamaica. I'm so very sorry that I wasn't able to meet up with Rob and Lisa my two days in Negril really flew by and the "vacation" was pretty action packed, go go go and trying to pack in so many places in 7 days was hard but FUN! Haven't quite recovered but I'll be working on my report and can't wait to share it with everyone!

I wanted to thank everyone for all their help and advice although my trip was spread across different areas in Jamaica and not just Negril the help and advice was all extremely helpful. Thinking about the next trip already!! But will hopefully have a report by the end of the week so it's still fresh in my mind.

Respect