Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATM at Sangster for arrivals

User Info Menu

Thanks Bnewb. I'll hit the cambio near Hungry Lion on my way in.
    Thanks Russ and Sabrina for the insight.

User Info Menu

if talking Cambio's I use the one inside HILO as I find it very good, and the girls are so nice and always have a smile and joke with me

User Info Menu

Having been there 40 plus times ...I say: don't use an ATM, I have encountered a $6 fee plus a fee on my bank account back home! Yes two fees each transaction! If you're doing $100 a day it really adds up. The bankmart that newb mentioned is good and there is the other kind of hidden one down town and there is on on the beach road( Makes no sense but NO Signs out front) it's in front of Bourban Beach and across from Times Square. We stay at Bar-B-Bar so it;s out our front door, cash $100 or $200 a day and you're golden no banks on Sundays or holidays. Use the cambio in the airport for a starting $100 or $200.

User Info Menu

I always get my bank to give £100 in US$ in low notes, which gives me money for tipping and enough to get the first few days out the way before heading to cambio

User Info Menu

I know what the general concensus is on changing money on the street, however on my last 5 or 6 trips. I have changed a couple of hundred US for starters with the BIG guy who hangs out by the cabbies at the Sangsters arrival door. He has proven to be honest/accurate in our dealings everytime mon! He gives as good as cambio exchange rate, just ask a cabbie where the BIG money changing guy is at, they will direct you. I Also, #1 get the cash out of my wallet inside the terminal, #2 put my wallet away, #3 hold the cash to be exchanged tightly in my fist. Then ask him what his exchange rate is, multiply by #hundreds to be exchanged, carefully count money given in exchange. Again I have always been dealt with fairly.

User Info Menu

This is NOT to be confused with the exchange guy's that hang out by the Valuemaster in Negril. NEVER and I mean NEVER deal weith these teifs. They will try to rip you off everytime! I haven't been ripped off, because I can multiply and count as well as they can, and I am not intimidated by them, I get very loud and DEMAND an accurate exchange or my money back. Just not worth the hassle with these guy's.

User Info Menu

I've used the airport ATM often. My Credit Union issued card does not get charged a fee. And I have never seen a fee on my receipt from NCB.
    However, the Scotia Bank charges me a fee. A couple bucks US$. I will continue to use my ATM card and hope all the banks don't follow Scotia Bank's lead with fees. I love the convenience.

There are ATM's scattered around Negril that are not associated with a bank. Cool Money, or something like that. I've seen fees of $6.00 on them. So if you have your own bank's fee on top of that --- that definitely gets expensive.

User Info Menu

I used the ATM in the airport on my way out...only because I saw they sold Pandora in one of the shops, so I had to get a charm, and the service fee was $6.00 that's just to use the machine...whoa that's a litttle outrageous!
    not sure what my bank will charge me!

User Info Menu

What are the fees at Scotia? Never used it before per transaction?

User Info Menu

Gail, I had a charge that was just under $2 per transaction, if I remember correctly.

The $6 fees I've seen are the machines not associated with a bank -- like Cool Cash machines.