In the minority here, but I am very happy to say I have friends in Jamaica. I am very happy to say that they work as hard there as I do in the states. I can say that they have never asked for what was not willingly offered, as I have never asked for what they willingly have given me. These are not people that I shared an afternoon of drunken philosophizing with and declared my friends for life. These are trusted relationships built over many years only developed after I have proven my sincerity to them and they to me, isn't that what friendhip is?

When a storm hits the island I call to check on their well being, when a tornado hits a state away from me they call to check on mine.

We share the joys of births and accomplishments as well as the sorrows of failures and deaths.

When I am headed down I call to ask what they need and they gladly pay U.S. retail for what I can provide which they might have trouble getting there or for that which I can much more affordably get here. We are not talking perfume and CD players, we are talking tools to help them with their life or technolgy to help their kids with their education. And yes every now and then just like I do with my family and friends in the U.S. I see something that just screams their name I gladly give it without expectation of recomponsation, it is called a gift ladies and gentleman.

If we believe that everyone in Negril is always working, maybe we should break away to the hills, not for an hour, not for a day, but year after year and witness how Jamaicans are really working to improve their life and give more to their children than what they were given as children.

Get out of your chaise lounges and go discover the 99.9% of Jamaicans that aren't on the beach and discover a Jamaica that adhores begging as much as some here state they do.

I apologize for my bluntness but some statements that paint an entire culture from experience derived in a fabricated piece of fantasy land does set my teeth on edge.

Sorry Rob.