Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaiser's (La Kaiser's) on the cliffs

User Info Menu

Kaiser's (La Kaiser's) on the cliffs

Does anyone know if this resort is even open? We stayed at Xtabi last year and noticed that it didn't look totally abandoned, but we never saw anyone staying there either.
    This year we've decided to book Cabin 1 and are hoping that it hasn't suddenly become a busy resort.

User Info Menu

Wow, that was the place for stageshows back in the eighties. Must have seen every major act at that venue back then...most memorable was New Years Eve '86 with the Mighty Diamonds and Josey Wales. One of the only times my [future] wife would go out in public at night with me. I think the only other time was seeing Cocoa Tea at the Crow's Nest in Redground.
    Check out "Negril Story"
    Parts 1 & 2 in the
    Most Popular Blogs section

...Badman nuh badup mi

User Info Menu

We've been staying at Xtabi since 2000, I have never seen anyone there. I've asked lots of people about it and gotten some interesting answers, lol, but they're all just *rumours* to me! Still no one around when we were there in March. I'm sure it will be lovely and peaceful! I ♥ Cottage #1

Here's a pic of my husband in 2004 when we discovered LaKaiser had installed some "barbed wire" (shards of glass in cement) beside Cottage #1

Name:  barbed wire.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  62.0 KB

Have fun!!

User Info Menu

Shady dealings....Nuff said..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

A friend of mine stayed there around 2005 or so.
    I know Luciano has stayed there when he was in town performing.

User Info Menu

A friend of mine stayed there around 2005 or so.
    I know Luciano has stayed there when he was in town performing.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Well that was neat to see! It's a beautiful place, glad it was once enjoyed, love to see it enjoyed again! I stayed at Xtabi in March of 2000, don't remember any action over there, still working on it at that point I guess!

User Info Menu

I was checking it out this morning as I was eating at Just Natural and the place looks nice and well kept.

User Info Menu

We like to float over and snorkle in that area. It has a ghostly vibe to it.
    Looking forward to staying in Cabin1 for the privacy aspect it has. I was afraid that this would be the year that they finally reopen with nightly bands. We already stay during JerkFest, but that is over by 10 and it is cool hearing it from afar.
    Ah only a couple of months and we are there again. I wish I could figure out the countdown thing.