Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Linstons Zion hill taxi service UP UP UP!!! My review of this service>>>

User Info Menu

Linstons Zion hill taxi service UP UP UP!!! My review of this service>>>

Linstons Zion Hill taxi service

http://redplate-negril.com/

(I do not usually write reviews of services but if I find exceptionally good OR bad service I will inform others to help in their decision making.)

My review of this service>

I contacted Linston through a Negril.com friend >Capt'd

Rumour had it: they are friendly and professional and give a good reliable service with great rates,

Yeah yeah heard it all a million times before!
    How many taxi/tour drivers cards do you get given on your trips?
    LOTS
    and so far there is usually SOMETHING like they promise drinks and forget them or the air con has broken when you have previously asked for it or the cd player got stolen or radio broke , or you cannot find them after travelling half way around the world at the airport or they don't answer their phone or they are late, so you have to start your journey in silence, thirsty or SOMETHING. The list is endless but always begins with :
    good service good rates !
    you just end up hoping for the best outcome.

So I was hearing good things about this family and service and decided to give it a try.

First of all I needed to get a quote from Linston but did not have his contact details so for future reference they are in the negril.com transport section page or in the link I posted above.
    I contacted captd who asked that I email for a quote and gave me the contact info I needed.
    Sometimes in Jamaica when someone says email them it can take forever and a day to get a response,

The response was immediate , quick , efficient, polite and had everything I needed contained.
    No obligations , no hard sell, no pushing.
    Just a quick, efficient service , I could take it or leave it, I liked it.
    SOLD

I was busy trip planning and I was sent a reminder email to send flight numbers and such and then was sent pictures of Linston so I knew who to look for at the airport, very helpful and I didn't have to ask. I like that.
    SOLD

On arrival after a totally exhausting journey, I recognised the man from the picture and it helped he held a clearly labelled sign with big black lettering with his name on.
    Found him in about 2 seconds, Always a relief when your driver turns up!

So far the quote, the actual booking and the driver being on time , in the right place and recognisable was A* service.

We began our very long journey, we were attending a family funeral , we were exhausted, emotional, thirsty, hot, tired, and the children were with us plus I needed to do my hair and make up and I had forgotten to pack my hairbrush
    So not the easiest of customers!

Linston was very pleasant, polite, understanding and played all our favourite music on the cd player and it was nice to hear FAMILY appropriate music,
    I like that!
    SOLD
    He drove at a safe speed SOLD
    He was not drinking, smoking or using his phone while driving SOLD
    Weather started getting bad, raining, roads flooding, getting later we needed to make a couple of stops but on one of them we got a bit lost , some drivers will just leave you but this last stop was because circumstances dictated it and we wasn't quite sure which turning to take.
    Linston stayed with us until we were happy reaching our final destination and remained cool, calm and collected and went that extra mile (literally!) to ensure his customers were happy.
    A* service A* customer relations skills
    10/10 UP*UP*UP

We were extremely happy with the service and professionalism given and would highly recommend him without hesitation to future travellers, great service -great rates! FOR REAL though
    Last edited by TiCtOc; 09-14-2015 at 04:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Linstons Zion hill taxi service UP UP UP!!! My review of this service>>>

Tic - couldn't agree with you more. So glad we found Linston - he's an all 'round great guy!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Next trip we will try him. Got us a trip report tictoc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Great review, TicToc. I totally concur with your assessment. Linston is awesome and we will be using him again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Great review, TicToc. I totally concur with your assessment. Linston is awesome and we will be using him again.

I don't think I have ever had the same driver for more than one trip as there is always SOMETHING! so I try new drivers, but I have definately found the perfect drive now.

The only reason why we didn't use this service more this trip was we spent most of the time with family whose car was initially off the road but then it was bk on the road .

Linstons contact info is safely stored until next trip and it feels great to know that is one less thing I need to plan /search/research or look around for next time, one thing less to worry and wonder about as now we found a guy that does his job A+ and when you find that in Jamaica, hold on to it!
    on time? polite? music? extra mile? easy to deal with? no sales pitch?no smoking/drinking?Can deal with a grieving family after a long haul flight?
    air con? good rate? knows the roads?
    UP UP UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

My next trip planning has already begun and it starts like this:

DRIVER>LINSTON
    Contact Info:
    1-876-376-3652
    http://redplate-negril.com/
    Email:
    linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

I booked with Linston this morning. He is a great guy. And the Grand Poobah of Goats. Sorry that last bit is a linston Jamaica adventure I had!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks Tic for the kind words.

Linston and I strive to earn that kind of review.

I'm very proud of him

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

We use Linston every year - AWESOME!

User Info Menu

I highly recommend Linston as well.....my son and I will always remember and treasure the soccer experience he set up for us! As well as the gas shortage we ran in to on our trip back from picking my son up from the airport.....it was my son's first experience in JA and he was amazed by all the interactions that go on while people are stuck in a traffic jam....it was comical! Hoping we will be back soon