Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Fun Holiday Balconies...

User Info Menu

Fun Holiday Balconies...

Hello Boardies,
    I'm considering staying at Fun Holiday in a Seaview room in Feb and heard it's a decent hotel but my only concern is the balconies, they seem to be crammed together and facing each other is this so for all the buildings? If so, is there a room or building I should request for a little privacy? I love sitting on the balcony in the morning with coffee and at night with cocktail etc. in my nightie so would like a little privacy and not step out into a pool of neighbors...Ready to book if I can solve the balcony issue!

Any advice is appreciated!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Re: Fun Holiday Balconies...

The only 2 rooms that have ocean views are the two on the 2nd floor end rooms that are on the left side building if you are facing the ocean & pool. I don't remember the room #'s. You are right in they are not private and can be seen by the other balconies. The end one has a better view than the one next to it. These are the only 2 rooms that have a decent ocean view, They are the ones circled in the pic

Name:  MBJFUN_Lg01.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  34.9 KB
    Last edited by Prism; 09-11-2015 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you Prism! I'm going to give them a call and see if I can request an end unit...so other then that is there anything else I should know?

User Info Menu

None of the balconies are private!

User Info Menu

For what we paid for it it was a decent room. We had the very end unit there and it was good sized, basic but clean. We had curtains with Easter bunny's and eggs on it. The food at the time we were there wasn't great but I have heard other people say it was good so maybe depends on who they have cooking it. Montana's directly across the street had good food very inexpensive and they are nice

Administrator

User Info Menu

Having climbed virtually every inch of Fun Holiday over the years taking pictures and setting up wifi, the only rooms with a balcony with a sea front view are the top floor rooms in the opposite building from what has been circled (I took that pic). Both these rooms overlook the pool and this is the view from one of those balconies.

Name:  PA090078a.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  45.3 KB

Since there are only two rooms on that end of the building, your privacy would be as private as possible. Enjoying an early morning coffee or night cap in a nightie would be perfectly acceptable and as we all pretty much know, about anything goes in Negril. You could be enjoying a 7am Red Stripe in your underwear and I seriously doubt anyone would notice, let alone complain.

As Lisa started the saying years ago, "what happens in Negril never really happened..." (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you Rob!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!