Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ** on-site Trip Report ~~ Thursday ... 09/17/15

User Info Menu

Re: ** on-site Trip Report ~~ Thursday ... 09/17/15

Smith, we will pray for you and your laptop....

Chikungunya was big late last fall and early winter. I'm guessing you were preoccupied with things closer to home....

Still waiting for the UPS Driver to deliver my care package!!!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

NO more for this thread

will add Friday
    ..gonna wanna go to Negril
    ......to Ricks, to do *my* water thing
    ......to DutyFree to check on CravenA's

good night
    sleep tight
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    Number #2 ....... Landlord said:::>>> ''''...GO ahead & build, your likkle board room/house...''''

long-story...short version::::>>>> I DIDn't wanna do it, but I had to play my ''..Ace-card...'''

my Ace-card::>>> *threaten* to go to his momma, for approval

Still working your plot to disrupt God's order of things :-(

>> The woman was deceived and the man (because of his love for her) put aside his obedience to God and his authority over the creeping things of the earth... then their eyes were opened and they saw they were naked (un-protected). ...and their garden was no more like Eden...

Must your Landlord tolerate any workers you choose to call to the yard? Must he watch over and defend you and your un-attached one-room, when you are there and when you are away? Likewise, shall you defend him, his family and his property from trespassers/intruders? The neighborhood see whatagwan... mi sarry fi Landlord!

What happen when your 'Ace-card' pass away...

>>The blind could not see, the deaf could not hear, believing wise things foolish and calling foolish things wise...

User Info Menu

* sigh *

Lola, Lola, Lola,
    ....SEEN..!!..

I unna-stand your points, positions, logic, etc etc

BUT,
    this *plot* was on-the-table looooooooooooooooooooong time ago.
    ...things got delayed & side-tracked, on my part
    ...back-in-the-day landlord was on-board, with the *plot* :::::: in fact, he suggested it, as well

BUT,
    for various reasons,
    i can't discuss here,
    he flipped the script

ALL those ????'s above have been addressed AND considered AND discussed ::::: by me, with-him, and with other Jamaicans who live here, in the area, neighborhood, blah blah blah

don't take offense,
    but those blind, deaf, believe-ing quotes is not relevant, in this instance

I TOO use to drink that KoolAid, but no more.
    p.s... **This** stuff AIN'T God's order of things.
    ...this a man's thing
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Lola nailed it...we've seen this scenario way to many times...but in fairness I don't know Smith's deal other than the limited info mentioned by him.
    It's pretty simple actually...unless you own the land or have a proper contract/lease agreement with the actual owner and you're building/spending money on someone else's property...you need to be prepared to lose that money. If you're prepared to deal with that scenario...go for it...it may turn out just fine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    ..but in fairness I don't know Smith's deal other than the limited info mentioned by him.
    * wink wink **

yep yep...there some things i can't post
    ....but always open to chat 'bout 'em, face-to-face, over a nice cold bag juice

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    you need to be prepared to lose that money.
    If you're prepared to deal with that scenario...go for it...it may turn out just fine
    Bingo...!!!!...

we have a *winner*
    ..GIVE Bnewb a cuppie-doll

:-)

here's a likkle **for instance** for you-all:::>>> the amount it's gonna cost me to put a likkle board-house on some cinder-blocks, and the limited material this & that's that'll be in that one-room thing-y,
    dollar-wise it is gonna be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much less than 90% of Ja-vacationers spend on a 3-4 day Ja-holiday.

so,
    IF,
    Good-Lord wiling,
    I spend 2-3 months down here
    this Winter,
    build, live, & 'joy-up myself :::::: I'm ahead $$$$-wise.

I leave island
    come back
    stuff, including house gone:::::I still win/won.

me come back,
    and all is A-OK::::I'm on the gravy-side of thing$

and the rent...???...
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol

i'm *working* on same thing,
    that that Ja-Oprah lady was gonna pay for her likkle spot, for her bar/lounge::::>>> US $100 per YEAR...!!!...

likkle more

me DONE with this thread
    ...i gotta work on my Friday post(s)
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    ALL those ????'s above have been addressed AND considered AND discussed ::::: by me, with-him, and with other Jamaicans who live here, in the area, neighborhood, blah blah blah
    ...this a man's thing

I'm quite certain you don't understand what I'm saying. and chatty-chatty with the neighbors? eeeeehhhhh (head-shaking) Again mi say, mi sarry fi landlord!

I'm looking at HIS side of di ting. Its 'only money' to you, who can up and re-locate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    I'm quite certain you don't understand what I'm saying. and chatty-chatty with the neighbors? eeeeehhhhh (head-shaking) Again mi say, mi sarry fi landlord!

I'm looking at HIS side of di ting. Its 'only money' to you, who can up and re-locate.
    Hooooboooy Lola...tough one to explain how wrong he was...that's why I only touched on the money/investment aspect. Sometimes helpful advice can be hard to understand...living it is the only way for some.

I don't know how many times Rob has been told he's wrong by a foreigner friend/acquaintance while trying to help make things easier for them. As you know Rob won't mince words and can come off a little tough...but the ones that succeed, love him for it...the ones that don't succeed we never hear from again.
    These comments are not meant to come across as arrogant...but more as a message that if you're going to live down here full or part time...spend some time learning and respecting the differences in a community that may be different from the one you've been raised...not only is it interesting but it can be life changing and wonderful!! I've got 40 years of living full time in North America...under 10 years full time in Jamaica...I've got a lot of years of learning yet.

Smith...LISTEN to Lola...quit chatting the landlord's business with the neighbours...lol!

User Info Menu

Smith,

Perhaps you don't really know what you might be getting into.

I could write a long post as to why but I think I'll keep my thought to myself.

However, I do wish you all the best.

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

*** sigh sigh & another-*sigh ***

i *wish* i could expand/explain/clarify/etc for you-all,
    but
    i can't do it on the board.

:-(

some of you's are mis-*reading* the relations/arrangement(s)/etc 'tween me & *landlord*
    [[[ some of this mis-understanding is MY-fault, 'cause English is NOT my four-tay ]]]

again:::>>>> I've churned, blended, pondered, analyzed etc etc ALL my plans, past & future actions, ever since my first trips to-country.

'tis tru-tru, when they-SAY::::>>> if it walk like a duck, then it's a duck
    BUT,
    in this *instance* it ain't a duck

kinda-sorta, like:::>>> if a woman dress like a prostitute, don't mean she a prostitute

BUT,
    I DO unna-stand whatcha saying/reasoning.
    ....I honestly & true-ly DO...!!!.
    AND:::>>>> HAVE come to the same & similar *conclusions* [[ as some of you-all ]],
    BUT,
    in this-situation, my-situation & circumstances, my-cast-of-characters, etc etc<<<<<:::: i'm more-than confident that I'm on SOLID-ground.

again:::>> i can't post details on this board.

oh
    oh
    oooooooooooooooh::::>>>> love, love-ing ALL of you's concern, critique, comments,,,, and of course your prayers.

:-)
    be hapPpy