Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It pays to monitor flights and their costs....

User Info Menu

It pays to monitor flights and their costs....

I knew when I was going to Negril in January as I had already booked my room with Jean at the Beach Club. What I didn't know was what flights I was going to take. For the longest time the WestJet flights were running at $780 CDN out of Regina and I was beginning to think they were never going to come down. Well last week they went on sale and I managed to get them for around $550 each. So I managed to save $400 dollars. Now all I have to do is watch my countdown tick down!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: It pays to monitor flights and their costs....

Good idea to keep monitoring the prices.
    Always book hotel first, then keep checking for flight deals.
    Enjoy it Crusher!

User Info Menu

Hi Crusher! I monitor my flight costs all the time b/c I'm on SW. I was able to add 3 additional days at no additional costs and I have $300+ credit with them for future travel.

User Info Menu

Nice
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Just booked our flight at $415/person!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy right now lol.

Now just gotta figure out where to sleep
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Just booked our flight at $415/person!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy right now lol.

Now just gotta figure out where to sleep
    I paid right around there from Philly, Tizzy.

Have you considered Blue Cave Castle? Haven't been but everyone I have talked to about it loves it. I'll be there the week before Thanksgiving.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

The real trick is to keep yourself from going back and checking prices AFTER you book the flights. A few years ago I had it where I booked and later discovered that they dropped prices again. Still got a good fare, but it could have been better. Now I just push the button when I feel comfortable and leave it alone from there. I don't want to kick myself for leaving money on the table.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    The real trick is to keep yourself from going back and checking prices AFTER you book the flights. A few years ago I had it where I booked and later discovered that they dropped prices again. Still got a good fare, but it could have been better. Now I just push the button when I feel comfortable and leave it alone from there. I don't want to kick myself for leaving money on the table.
    You are so right about this... it never fells after booking the prices seem to go down every time I check...lol
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    Nooooo!! No looking back
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

We're going in jan,usually pay about 500 round trip ,summer or winter, prices from Chicago are around 7-750 discarding spirit,I'm sorry they don't count,1/3 higher!!wtf?