Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is a fair taxi rate from Sangster to Negril for 2?

User Info Menu

"just ask a driver would 50 US for both of us with a tip work?" ( maybe a 10 spot for a nice ride)

I think you will be sailing along soon...........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

the premier price of 90 was a private car. The prices I am referring to are for private car. 60.00 and 70.00 were referring to that as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Clives is now $30.00us per person for a shared ride.
    Awww shucks! I see JUTA charges $18 to Negril Beach, $25 to West End. Well for the difference, I'll still pick Clives.

To the Original Poster - if you are really adventurous, you could take public transportation, but since you booked Grand Pineapple, maybe not that frugal or adventurous, LOL!

User Info Menu

JUTA is my recommendation. Once on the bus or van, I have never waited more than 12 minutes before leaving. That's my experience....

User Info Menu

Shared rides stop at multiple hotels, turning a hr and a half into 2+ hrs... Last time I went that way, a French ladies baby threw upon me and cried the whole way.. no apologies in English anyways.. never again for me
    Last edited by jasperpso; 10-02-2011 at 09:35 AM.

User Info Menu

The lowest price is $60 with many drivers, including Kenny, thats what i usually pay and always try to give $10 or $20 tip, espeacially if its a driver who does not own the car.

User Info Menu

Alfred charges $50 for 2 (each way) for a private ride. I've used him for years now Check his website on here

User Info Menu

With flight schedules from where we live, the earliest we can get to MBJ is 1:35 PM (plane scheduled landing). If we have a private driver waiting for us at the airport, we leave the airport the minute we are through customs and immigration, and get to our hotel as early as possible. That means my wife is in the water between 4 and 4:15 PM our first day. That is far more important to us than saving $50. and is why we've always been willing to pay for the premium service. It makes our first day seem like a vacation day instead of just a travel day.

User Info Menu

Couldn't agree more. The sooner you get to where you are staying the sooner the vacation starts. I do love the ride to Negril too but don't want to be waiting around at the airport.

User Info Menu

Sitting at the airport a few minutes no worry to me.. stopping 5-10 min at 3-8 hotels, that's a big deal to me.. admittedly the stops are longer on the return trip..