Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice?

User Info Menu

Any advice?

Hi
    I am a longtime, if sporadic, lurker on this site. This year I am doing something a little different- usually I head down to the beach for a solo vacation that entails doing a lot of nothing but lying on the beach- hence the name- but this year am bringing my family for a 6 night stay next week- my wife, two grown sons and son's fiancee. I've booked 3 nights at Zimabali and another 3 nights at Xtabi
    Has anyone stayed at Zimbali- what's it like? How is Xtabi?
    Not real familiar with the cliffs- any "must go" places for sunsets, lunch, and dinner close to Xtabi?
    I am happy with a book and a beach chair but I think that they may need a little more stimulus, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Any advice?

Sand Gravity, I pulled off a similar trip in early October. We stayed on the cheap at Samsara and really enjoyed walking across the street to Pressa's. It's maybe a 3-5 minute walk for you back towards the beach. A sweet family owns/runs/cooks at the local place where you can get great food at a more than fair price. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

If you're there on a Saturday night, call Seastar Inn for free pickup and drop off and attend their delicious all you can eat buffet/entertainment evening with live band, 'African style drummers' @ 20 dollars per person. Check their website for pictures, details.

User Info Menu

Pressa's and 3 Dives are both within walking distance and great places to eat with a real Jamaican feel. Although I have never seen sunset from Xtabi, I know it is fantastic from Blue Cave Castle which is close by, so Xtabi must be good too.
    Take a day trip to Mayfield Falls. Everyone will love it and the more the merrier. We just combined a trip to Mayfield Falls with Roaring River for a full day of fun.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Famous Vincent will show you a good time snorkeling on the reef,the trip by boat from xtabi is cool as you'll get to see many properties from the water. Well worth the price,I've also used him as a water taxi into town,certainly not quick but hey,it's island time!

User Info Menu

I'll throw in my two cents...

Go see Elvis at Peewee's for breakfast, $5j for two eggs, bacon, two slices of toast and coffee.

If you are looking to try some great local dishes, the nyammings platter at Pushcart has curried chicken, bushman stew, curried goat and oxtail.

Seafood - go see Quality at his Sea Breeze restaurant up near Canoe. I ate there twice in one week; it was that good. I had mahi in a garlic sauce and then a few days later I had grilled lobster with garlic butter. Two thumbs up!

I second the trip to Mayfield Falls, was a real nice 1/2 day trip.

Snorkeling just off the cliffs was pretty good, I must say.

Keep your eyes on here for specials at Canoe; they had a 2-1 lobster dinner that was great.

Sunset from Xtabi should be nice, good snorkeling there too, probably better in the mornings. It seems to get a bit choppier in the afternoons.

Idk if this would be of interest, but I'll throw it out there too. Barney's Hummingbird Garden. Was pretty cool hand feeding the speedy guys. $17usd/$2000j

Lastly, enjoy your trip!

~Moose
    Last edited by CosmicMoose; 11-29-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

We went to eat dinner at Zimbali. 5 course meal. They cook in front of you. 2 mile drive up a dirt road took 20 minutes. Say hi
    to Lassie and bring some dog biscuits. Name:  IMG_0675.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  91.7 KB

User Info Menu

what is that wrapped in banana leaves? blue drawers?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    what is that wrapped in banana leaves? blue drawers?
    Wonderful steamed fish. I would think Zimbali would be pretty quiet. Zen -like. It's an organic farm. If you are at Xtabi on Tuesday 3 dives next door is good bet for dinner, sunset, and live music. Webcast is a bonus. If in Negril on Thursdays the Jungle is hopping. Hire a good driver for the evening and enjoy. Always ...the one Love Pub Crawl.

User Info Menu

Places for good grub>>>>
    Ivan's
    Ltu Pub
    Sharks
    Ciao Jamaica
    Hungry Lion
    Ahhhbeees for the best burger in Negril.