Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockhouse vs tensing vs catcha

User Info Menu

Rockhouse vs tensing vs catcha

Really in love with those seaside villas at the rock house but all 3 properties look awesome! Only spending a couple nights but it will be the nicest stay of the whole trip.. Has anyone stayed at all 3 or maybe even just 2 that could helps pick the best one... I know it's personal preference but opinions would be nice

User Info Menu

Re: Rockhouse vs tensing vs catcha

We have stayed @ all 3 and they all were very nice.
    1 - Catcha - STAFF
    2 - Rockhouse
    3 - Tensing Pen
    I have pics, but not on my work computer

User Info Menu

catcha for the food and the whole vibe . . .

User Info Menu

I only got to stay at Catcha on a fluke....both times lol, but there's nowhere in the world I would rather be at the end of the day.

with that said....Rockhouse looks pretty badass

Tensing Pen has just never got my attention for whatever reason
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Awesome! Thanks everyone! Next question.. Any suggestions on rooms?

User Info Menu

Haven't stayed at TP

Rockhouse love the villa, very private and really nice views

Catcha food and staff (have stayed in the block of newish apartment style units)

User Info Menu

I've stayed at all 3. My favorite(at the moment) would be Tensing Pen. Stayed in Rock Cottage 1, Rock Cottage 2, and Seagrape 2. Rock 1 was probably my favorite. Second choice would probably be Catcha.. stayed in Gemini 2, Moon, and Aries. If I were to go back the new Coral or Sky look pretty sweet. Our first cliff stay as at Rockhouse and stayed in one of the original villas. Loved it but for some reason have never gone back.
    You can't make a bad choice out of those 3!

User Info Menu

Out of the three I have only stayed at Catcha, and have slept in roughly half of the rooms on the property. I prefer the following:
    Sky- nice new room on the second floor above Coral. Great balcony with a gorgeous view. Cold AC
    Libra- rustic with a great wraparound deck. There is a daybed out there that is great to chill on, hell even sleep on. It is off to the side and is fairly private during the day until 5PM, when the place opens up it's doors to outsiders so they can partake at the restaurant/bar. It has AC as well.
    Star- rustic two bedroom with AC and an outdoor shower. Great for two couples, just keep in mind that the walls do not go all the way to the ceiling, so you can hear what's going on.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! Appreciate the input! I don't know why it's so hard for me! Something about those villas on the cliffs really call to me.. But those prices uggh.. I think I'll wait to see if we get approved for the loan to help make the decision..

User Info Menu

Haven't stayed at Tensing (yet) but love both of the others. Each has a slightly different vibe. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the three.