Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

Manda - I'm truly Loving your trip report so far!! So much fun to read! I'm addicted - Please Keep it coming!

P.S. Great pics! The lobster looks so delish! Now I know for sure what I'll be ordering at Ivans

Looking forward to your next installment!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I for one like it a lot.

User Info Menu

Waiting, waiting fi more!!! Loving it!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

User Info Menu

Not too many trip reports catch my attention, but will be back for more of this one.

User Info Menu

DAY 2 PART 2

We ended up walking all the way from Sweet Spice down the road to where the beach starts, there’s a sign for a
    Beach Bashment later tonight for Tito’s Birthday.
    I’m not sure who Tito is but he’s been celebrating his birthday all weekend according to this flyer and well I feel personally invited now.

Big Grin!
    “Andre, you don’t party but we’re going to this party”
    “Aiight Aiight, You party I stand up and watch”

I kiss my teeth, he gives me weird look #3.

I decide I want to walk the rest of the way by Beach. So we start off and it’s beautiful I’m lagging behind taking pictures
    and it’s easy at first the sky is over cast and there is a large large dark cloud coming in. Andre is gaining distance
    he’s yelling something at me about rain or something or other rah rah blah blah because I’m so overwhelmed at the beauty
    of this beach that I can’t bare to break my concentration. But damn it’s HOT when that sun comes out and it’s getting harder and harder
    walking in the sand.

Have you ever walked close to the water and all those ropes are hooked up to the boats?
    Ever try to walk over those ropes while the tide washes out and the rope rises up a foot off the sand?
    No?
    Oh it’s just me that’s clumsy and makes an ass out of myself while taking pictures and not watching where I’m going?

It’s okay I’m use to it.

“Amanda! Look at you, you damn near flipped right over that rope watch where you’re going”

I laugh. Couple of Jamaican men are in the sand kicking around a soccer ball and they laugh with me. WITH ME not at me I promise you! lol

Now I’m walking the beach remember now and I’ve read a ton of posts about the beach vendors.
    I walk by, "Lady would you like a sarong" or "I would love to do your hair". "No thanks Ma’am I’m good"
    And that’s it? There’s nothing to it than that? Well I must be lucky then Slow season not too much hustle going on I suppose.

The skies open up and Andre hangs on to some umbrella thing posted in the sand on a cement block
    it looks like as if he’s hanging on for dear life at the top of a ship’s mass.
    “Are you made of Sugar, Andre it’s just rain. So I’m standing under this Umbrella thingy with him
    “Andre this is ridiculous”
    “What would you suggest then Manda?” I turn my head and GRIN!
    “YELLOW BIRD 2 FOR 1 DRINKS!
    ““Huh? Where is Yellow Bird and how you know it’s 2 for 1 drinks?

It’s literally right behind where we are standing with a big sign 2 FOR 1 DRINKS!

Up at the Bar is it noon yet? Probably not, who cares! I’m in Jamaica, “Purple Rain please”

We continue our stroll.. errr struggle in the hot sun and make it back to Coco.

I couldn’t believe how long it took us from Sweet Spice back to Coco then again there was a few stops,
    a few drinks, a few chats with vendors and again me lagging and running lagging and running up the beach
    like some 2 year old trying to catch up, Great Afternoon in Negril.

User Info Menu

love it!

User Info Menu

Now that sounds like a fantastic time! I am soooo loving your trip report and am looking forward to when I will be there next month!

User Info Menu

Day 2 part 2 pictures

day 2 part 2 pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images           

User Info Menu

[b]day 2 part 2 pictures continued[b/]
    Attached Images Attached Images           

User Info Menu

Have you ever walked close to the water and all those ropes are hooked up to the boats?
    Ever try to walk over those ropes while the tide washes out and the rope rises up a foot off the sand?
    lol - yes!
    This is really bringing back memories of my first trip, I love it!! I know what you mean about the walk on the beach taking a long time - there are so many places to stop, vendors talking to you, and the views.
    The pictures are beautiful! Love the Rainbow capture, the beach, the purple rain looks yummy - I've heard of it, but never tried it! - Nice shades btw (I forgot my sunglasses when I went to Negril and I was walking around squinting most of the time)
    Thanks for sharing! can't wait to read more!
    Carpe Diem