Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

great report!

User Info Menu

thumbs up Manda!

User Info Menu

Nice Manda!

User Info Menu

More Plz!

User Info Menu

Oh Manda I luv it and it is so funny i could exactly picture every moment you mentioned from when I first experienced it ( ok except Andre ). I love your report and am addicted. Don't keep us hanging tooo long in between episodes though. Your excitement for your first time of everything is exhilirating i luv it!!

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Manda loving every key stroke and photo.......haven't followed a negril report in a long time...yours is a nice change of pace.......carry on please

User Info Menu

A great start on your report! Looking forward to more.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Awesome job Manda. Thank you for making this long, boring day at work more fun I found myself continuing on to the next page to read more.

Love to read a great trip report because they are few and far between. You definitely have me hooked. Feel like we were all there with you and Andre.

6 more weeks til we go back for our 6th time to Negril. Soon you will be writing about your various trips to Negril. Like you said, "Once you go...you know!"

User Info Menu

Great Report! Thanks for posting!

User Info Menu

DAY 2 PART 3

Back in the room after a long afternoon walking around and taking in Negrl…

Andre of coarse has parked himself in front of the TV and he’s watching football on the edge of the bed a
    s if something out of the ordinary is going to happen.

“Ugh, I’m in Jamaica and you want to watch football” *rolls eyes*

I decide that I’ll dye my hair. Yes of coarse I brought a box of hair dye to Jamaica, didn’t I tell you I had one too many Jager shots the night before I left?

So there I am dying my hair, Andre is watching football and I’m thinking this is strange.
    I haven’t seen this guy in 13 years and why does this all feel familiar and easy. I’m watching him from the bathroom
    and I’ve got this black goo all over my forehead and he turns to me and makes weird look #4

“what the hell is that on your head?”

He offers to help me dye my hair but of coarse I must sit in front of the TV.

“Manda you know what’s funny? I thought I’d be all over you because it’s been so long and
    you were part of some of the best memories I’ve had but I’m not”

“That’s funny, Andre? Wow you’re still a regular charmer aren’t you”

“That’s not what I meant, I meant it feels like I seen you last week and this is
    all normal the way it’s suppose to be, I missed you”

“I was just thinking the same that this is all abnormally comfortable I dunno it’s weird”

“I dunno if I’ll ever see you again or if you’ll come back or when I’ll be back in Toronto but
    no matter what I’ll always …EWWWWW Why does this stuff smell like that!!”

“It’s ammonia, Andre” *rolls eyes*
    “Ya, well you’re trying to poison me or something, open a window”

Hair done, dressed, dancing around to music in the hotel room, pillow fighting
    Just a note the pillows at Cocolapalm hurt, we established a below the neck rule and in his case above the waist.

STARVING – Hadn’t eaten a thing since Breakfast at Sweet Spice it’s about time to get something in my stomach.

Grab a route taxi off to 3 Dives. I recognize the fire pit area from pictures and Andre tries to argue with me about
    how they don’t do bon fires here. I’m slowly starting to realize that Andre likes to argue everything I say.
    Nothing wrong with a healthy debate but everything?? What’s his deal?

Order our food go out to the bench by the cliff to have a cold red strip and Andre smokes.
    I’m balancing out on some jagged rocks as far as my clumsiness will allow me and I hear

“Manda, what are you doing!! You know you clumsy and you fall and do you know that the only thing I could
    do is call your Dad and tell him you are drowning, I can’t swim!”

“You what??”
    “I said I can’t swim, you don’t remember when I almost drown in the deep end of the pool?”

Now I’m sort of teetering on some jagged points around the cliff edge and I look at him confused sort of searching
    my mind and then BINGO I remember and I can’t stop laughing. I’m in hysterical laughter for some reason now
    swaying on some jagged edged rocks near cliffs edge.

Andre stands up and he’s looking panicky “Manda, what’s so funny you’re going to fall!”

For some reason I keep picturing him in 7 feet of water flailing around in a pool and I can’t stop laughing when
    I finally settle down and get myself back to more level land I sit beside him and he’s giving me that look .. you know ..
    weird look #5 but more like, I can’t believe you were just laughing at me.

“Andre?” *smirk*
    “Manda, don’t say anything”
    And I’m chuckling… “Andreeee”,
    “MANDA!”
    “Andreyouliveonanislandandyoucan’tswim”

And he whips his head around at me with this straight mouthed look and I almost spit Red Stripe out of my nose.
    “Really funny Amanda, come our foods ready”

We both had the Jerk Chicken and I couldn’t get enough of that sauce they had in that unmarked bottle some sort of pepper sauce
    and we sat there for hours talking, reminiscing, arguing, and debating. There was Religion, life, marriage, politics, more Religion.
    We watched people come and go for their dinner and we were still there me with my straight Rum and Red Stripe chaser..
    him with his Coca cola (boring)

We started walking down the road I’m feeling the rum a bit but I’m okay .. so this is the very scary road it’s dark it is kind of scary
    before we hit that really blind sharp turn we decide it’s best to get into a Taxi. After all…. I’m clumsy.

We grab a route taxi and we make a stop so Andre can grab some .. “stuff” and there is a bit of an argument out side of the car.
    Seems as if the stuff Andre is use to is much better where he is from along with much cheaper. He gets in the car..

“They thought I was a tourist until I started talking to them, and this is the stuff people buy
    when they come to Jamaica?? Ice Weed he says, ya right”

He puts his arm around my shoulder and tells the Taxi where we’re going.

Next stop my good friend Tito’s birthday …