Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Manda's first trip to jamaica sept 2011

User Info Menu

My last day in Jamaica is spent restless and I feel as if I shouldn’t be wasting what time I have left stuck behind these gates granted it’s a beautiful property but I’m finding it very hard to “relax” and wind down.
    Exactly how I felt when I did my first solo trip. I traveled all over JA - literally, all around the island - but booked my last 2 nights at an AI. I was restless and also felt like I was missing something...I had to get a taxi to take me into town, to a bar by the side of the road, where I could hear dogs barking and see tacky Christmas lights and just BE in JA for part of my last night.

Sorry about the customs stuff....that's scary.

User Info Menu

Wow Amanda sorry you had to go through that ****. And yes guess you are flagged. What a bunch of crap to come back to. Thank you for your adventures. Sounds like that guy was an a--hole. Would not want to go through that anytime soon. And now Andres name is in system. WTF

User Info Menu

GOOD GOD manda!! you really got the full hundred (as they say), all in your very first trip.

and yeh, while that does suck -- at the same time i find myself thinking: WOW WHAT AN ADVENTURE! and you seem to have been able to handle it well.

but in any case, and the bottom line, is - your life will never be the same.

User Info Menu

Oh please tell me this ending is like the crazy woman at the door one, a joke, I did not see a disclaimer.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Gabrielle - I didn't smell of cocaine but he informed me I had cocaine on my hands!! wtf is right! I later thought about it and could only come up with the possibility that it was on my hands because of the money. Again I really have no idea about it.

Ohliz - I know now that I will not be travelling to any AI resorts for quite some time and definitely never again while in Jamaica. Whether I'm moving around the island or hanging out with Andre I know now what my preference is outside the beautiful properties.

Angel - I'm definitely flagged the Officer marked something on my passport so I'm sure that I'll have to endure this once again when I travel back to Jamaica. My father tells me though that with my next trip if they go through with the "personal" search and find nothing that they need to stop otherwise I can cause a stick about harassment. I'll brace myself on my next return through Pearson but it wont stop me from travelling to Jamaica.

Everyone- it was an adventure it was one of the best experiences I've had so far in my life even with the bs at the airport I wouldnt change a thing. the trip from the beginning to the very end was full of twists, turns and excitment and nervousness and I wouldnt have it any other way if I could do it all over again.

I'll post the remainder of the pictures this evening to sum up the report. THANK YOU !! to all of you for coming along on my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shellyk View Post
    Oh please tell me this ending is like the crazy woman at the door one, a joke, I did not see a disclaimer.
    No disclaimer this time definitely not a joke. It was pretty intense.

User Info Menu

Crazy.. good report.

User Info Menu

Wow Manda...thank you once more for taking the time to take us on your adventure and what an adventure it was!
    ~~~love and light~~~

User Info Menu

Manda , I know how you feeled, iit happen to me the first time to Jamaica, coming home I was waiting for my luggage and agent came up and ask me who I'm traveling with? and told me to following him, as they were going thru my luggage , I kept telling them you pick the wrong one, I have never done drugs or alcohol, and they make me strip search in a room with a lady agent. not full cavity, it took over 3hrs.
    I thought the same thing, like I was red tag if I went again to jamaica, but they have never stop me again.
    Love reading your report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Negrilbay- Wow! so you know what i'm talking about then and even more so because they went through with your search. I have a feeling that I'll be strip searched on my next trip .. think maybe I should start working out lol I try and make light of it but it took me a good 2 days to relax after the adrenaline of the whole experience.