Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could go on only ONE excursion...

User Info Menu

Hey Clarity,
    I just returned last week and made a trip to YS, sidestepped over to Bamboo Ave, hit the Black River to catch a boat to Pelican, and made it back to Negril with some light to spare. We left at 9am and made numerous food and beer stops. Spent probably an hour at YS, 2 at Pelican, and the rest was the drive and stops. Paid a well known driver $120 for the day plus tip. It was for my wife's b-day and she was stoked as was I. Bring water shoes to YS if you want to swing from the rope like Tarzan and Jane. They provide hand protection and tell you where to land. Just don't hold on too long. LOL
    If you want to hit a local yard and have a killer meal, some cold beers, and just chill and be entertained by a Jamaican family, I would recommend Percy's which is my guess 15-20 minutes from 7 mile. Play some dominoes, take a river raft ride, catch some fish, lie in a hammock, etc. You could tie in Half Moon Beach as well which is a great place to chill with cold beer and great dogs, and a great host. This was a great day as well.

User Info Menu

Blue Hole Mineral Springs is a giant hole in the ground with the most refreshing/healing water. It's very close to Negril, I'd say 20-30 miles. I think we paid $7 for the whole day plus our drinks.

When I was done swimming that day, I felt more relaxed than I ever have. I'm not a good sleeper, but I slept like a baby that night. Maybe it was all in my head, but I've read others' reviews, and it seems to be a common theme. The ladder was no big deal, for me.

It is run by a nice man named Wabba and some other young people who were very accommodating and friendly. After swimming in the hole, we swam in the pool, ordered a few drinks, listened to music, and had a great visit with the people working there. Turned out to be a lovely day. Will definitely visit them again.
    Last edited by Maryann; 10-11-2011 at 05:51 AM.

User Info Menu

I love Mayfield for the sheer beauty of the nature and immersing myself in that--plus dips in the river. But that said, to get the most out of your day excursion I think a combined trip of YS and Pelican bar would be ideal and give you a nice taste of some of JA outside of Negril--you could also fit a black river safari into that. It would make for a comfortable day trip--no need to stay somewhere overnight--in fact you would be back in time for dinner in negril.
    Here are some sample tours from Rocky's taxi website http://www.rockystaxiandtourservice....excursions.htm
    I think that Alfreds, Clives and Juta also have day trips listed w/prices.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much everyone for your help!

We've decided tentatively on a trip Mayfield Falls w/ a stop over in Sav La Mar on the way back for our 3rd day in Negril. It's not too far and seems like the best choice for our first excursion. we want to try to squeeze in another excursion to YS Falls/Pelican bar but I learned about beach gravity on our first trip... so we'll have to play it by ear.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good reliable and affordable driver to take us on this trip?
    Also does anyone have pictures from their Mayfield fall trips? We would really love to see them!

Negrilaholic - Our flight leaves at 4:00 on November 8th. We want to stop at Fun Holiday at noon for the Tuesday webcast to have a quick cocktail and to say goodbye to Rob & Lisa before heading off to the airport. Maybe we'll see you there?
    Although.. we'll be carrying luggage and probably have long faces.
    We haven't even gotten there yet and I'm already sad about having to leave....
    Last edited by Clarity; 10-15-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Daisy

We always enjoy our tours with John and Anita. A wonderful married couple who are terrific hosts and take great care of their guests while touring. The sound on the website is a little distorted so I guess turn it off but they have great decriptions of the tours they do including Mayfield Falls.

http://www.johnmaica-online.com/

Name:  IMG_1156 (Small).JPG
Views: 305
Size:  75.4 KBName:  IMG_1274 (Small).JPG
Views: 307
Size:  59.9 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks Irie always!
    Love the pics!! I just checked out the tour website and It looks great! Markus is German and I lived in Germany for four years. We'll contact them to inquire about their prices.

Hey, we'll also be staying at Seastar inn for a night (November 5th) so we'll see you there!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I would also recommend a chill afternoon at Percy's Retreat - A wonderful relaxing family yard.

https://picasaweb.google.com/cobbdo/...MbehICn4NusLA#

User Info Menu

Tedd`s

Name:  100_0127 (Small).JPG
Views: 255
Size:  66.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Glistening water is AMAZING words cant describe went in Feb when we stayed in Runaway bay

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irie always View Post
    I would also recommend a chill afternoon at Percy's Retreat - A wonderful relaxing family yard.

https://picasaweb.google.com/cobbdo/...MbehICn4NusLA#
    Hey Irie Always,
    That looks like Percy's kiddo's in the pics. When were these taken, as my memory has them older?