Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hands up who still gets excited getting ready for the next trip

User Info Menu

Hands up who still gets excited getting ready for the next trip

Hands up who still gets as excited as the last time when you are getting ready to return to Jamaica no matter how many times you have been before and you know the routine.
    Flight/ hotel/food prices rise and sometimes the route getting there takes longer but no matter what that excitement still comes right back just the same as the very first flight!
    Everything is the same even though everything is different.
    Each year gets better
    And the endings get harder
    I have seen a lot of places and Jamaica just has this magic that keeps drawing me back.
    Even when my head says no, my heart says yes and my fingers tap buttons and rebook!
    It is a little island brimming with creativity and knowledge you just have to scratch the surface a little to see.
    Take time to chat to some of the people there especially the older ones , a lot of wise people down in Jamaica.Every trip I learn something new be it about cooking,culture,politics, religion,spirituality, business, wildlife,the universe!crafts, fishing, dialect, music there is so much there to learn and so far it has been a great ride

User Info Menu

I get excited everytime. We leave Nov. 19th for our 6th trip in 2-1/2 years and I am so beyond jazzed to be going back again. Especially, since we will be there for 2 weeks.

We too love the vibe and people and can't wait to get back there.

We love Jamaica (Negril) so much our dog is named "Reggae Irie"

One Love

User Info Menu

All I have to say is.....I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight

User Info Menu

Funny you should ask!

I still get the "butterflies" even after 60+ trips over 28 years! My best friend from Accompong Town called me last night and he was getting excited too. I was last in Jamaica in 2007 and this rehab thing has been long and arduous but returning to Jamaica has been my driving force through all of this.

Living here in So. Fla. is a lot like living in Jamaica with the weather and the pace of life being similar. When I step off the plane in Jamaica, I feel like I am home! I actually have to force myself to wind-down and relax. Even a couple of months or more goes by in a blur and I want it to last long after I return.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I know as the days are counting down for me until the 7th I am getting more and more excited..will be only my fifth trip, and yet it feels like my first in so many ways.

User Info Menu

Even after 20+ trips I am still always excited. I never fail to get a certain feeling when the island comes into view before you land. I am
    like a child on Christmas morning when I arrive in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I've been traveling there along time.but when that final week and days start counting down -well yes, my attitude definitely changes-seems like i start to get in that relax vibe in my mind..But i really dont let myself get to excited until my plane has touched down on the runway and pulling up to the gate-and then when i get past customs and thru the doors of the airport..Thats when get what i call "my alice n wonderland-falling thru the rabbit hole feeling" (LOL)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Still very much a newbe in compared to most on here but 6th trip coming up in 2 years and have 74 more sleeps until I am on that plane!! Its an overnite flight so I don't count that nite....sooooo excited. I get excited once the plane ticket is booked which is done when I return from that last trip. I will be packed a month before I go with the bags sitting at the door a week before my ride comes to take me to the airport.

User Info Menu

Call me crazy but in addition to getting excited when a trip is on the horizon, I also get paranoid! I swear the week before I leave I turn into such a nervous driver...afraid I am gonna get in an accident and not be able to go. Or afraid every little sneeze is some terrible illness that will stop me from going. I am such a worry wart! So for me the lead up to JA is torture...both good and bad!

User Info Menu

I get you sam am I..anything can happen an has to me..plane delays,cancellation,something with the family..Thats why no..not totally relaxed until my plane pulls up and am past customs and thru those front doors...Heck, even customs can be a hassle ans trhen lost luggage..argh..... but yeah,knowing you got all in place,the tkt,s the reservation..its a nice feeling.
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)