Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ari's contact info

User Info Menu

Ari's contact info

Well, it is *almost* official. My daughter has decided to get married in Negril. WOOT for mama!! Does anyone have Arianna's contact info? I just need to talk to someone who arranges weddings on the island. We will probably have 40 people or so, and thought AI would be the best bet for so many varying tastes. I just spoke to Grand Pineapple and even if we all stayed AI, it would cost an additional $90 US per person for a separate dinner. Is this the norm? Suggestions?

I thought/think this would be less stressful...but I'm wondering now.

Thanks everyone!

User Info Menu

I wrote you a really long reply but then there was a technical hitch and it wiped my message
    I was basically saying congratulations and a boardie on here got married not too long ago at the seastar inn near the cliffs in negril her name was tawnee think she is on here if you want to ask her any questions-the set up was lovely and rob who runs this board broadcast the event live for all of us to watch and her family and friends back home.
    The owners there are certainly not rip offs and they are lovely people.Call them see what the going rate is perhaps?They did this particular wedding on site but maybe they offer off site services I do not know but they are definately worth a call.

As for 90 dollars extra per person when you are filling up probably 20 rooms with 40 people I think that is quite unfair.Are they offering you no perks at all?
    I personally would not book that when I had already brought 40 paying guests to pay for food .I would take them elsewhere.

Jamaica is a lovely place for weddings,call a few different people and places though to compare packages and quotes.I would not pay almost 4000 dollars to a place I just booked and filled 20 rooms for .Ask around.

Here is the wedding section of this website which is very useful
    http://negril.com/list.php?item=WEDD

User Info Menu

Negril Escape and Catcha also are big on wedddinds I would contact them .

User Info Menu

She wants a beach wedding...already suggested the cliffs. So, a beach wedding it is. Tictoc~ yes...4 grand for already paying guests seems insane to me. Thanks for the link!

User Info Menu

Congrats to you and your daughter!!!

here is ariannas email address. weddingsinnegril@comcast.net

we got married in feb at samsara and i really wish i had someone as helpful and knowledgable as arianna to help me.

I am not sure what the norm is but i know that we also had to pay a large amount for dinner and booze for our reception even though the large majority of our group stayed ai.

There are many little things that i am sure arianna will be able to help guide you on..

best of wishes and i cant wait to hear all about it and see pictures too!!!!

User Info Menu

I have heard that extra cost per guest wedding reception which I have trouble wrapping my mind around when everyone is paying AI already. I could see an extra hospitality cost per guest to cover set up, table service and extra bartender, but $90 a pop, wow,,,

Here is what a $70 per person menu looked like in 2008
    With 40 some people I did not want to order from a menu, imagine the chaos. Every guest got every option every course. Took around 3 leisurely hours.
    We owned the property for the night. I got to bring in alcohol, but paid a bartender $60.00 with properties glassware. I paid 2 extra security gaurds (private party no entry) $3.00 per hour. I rented my own sound system and ran it off my laptop. Cake obtained from Lucy Town by local friend. Flowers from Floral Fantasy.

For a 4 Entree Dinner:

I. MARLIN SALAD
    x
    FILET MIGNONS CON FUNGHI (MUSHROOM)

II. MOZZERELLA CAPRESE
    xx
    LINGUINE LOBSTER OR SHRIMPS
    xxx
    SCALOPPINE LOMBARDE ( with Lime Juice)

III. MARLIN CARPACCIO
    x
    FETTUCCINE SALMON CON VODKA E' DILL
    xx
    FILETTI di snapper

iv. PROCIUTTO SAN DANIELE e' LEMONE
    x
    LOBSTER FINGER e' SCALOPPS al COGNAC
    xx
    PENNE AL CHECCA
    xxx
    MEDELLION al PEPE

Simple dresses, some room and food subsidies and us providing make up and manicures had brides maids telling me they got a weeks vacation in Ja for about what the high priced dress hotel rooms bachelorette party cost to be in a wedding in the states.

A picture video made for wedding reception back in the states the next week.

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.as...789&CID=229270
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

fantastic Chet way to go .

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! I replied to this yesterday, but I don't know where my post went? unless I didn't actually hit post? lol Anyway~ I appreciate the help. Wow Chet~ that is not a bad deal at all!