Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takin' the Newbies along...a trip report

User Info Menu

Re: Takin' the Newbies along...a trip report

Sounds like you're off to a great start (once you hit Jamaica, anyway). LOVE your pictures, especially the one of the boat with the guy standing up front. Nice!

User Info Menu

Wonderful pictures Jenn. I LOVE vivid and feel the same way you do. You can actually see the varying colours in the water with this setting.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Thank you, Sue! Your pictures were amazing! I appreciate your suggestion on the camera! Was worth every cent!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Day 2 continued...

So, since coming into Negril like a "house of fire", today seems to need to be a pretty chill day. Everyone is finally awake, so we decide to head out for breakfast. My plan was to head to Montanas, however it was about 7:30. We took our time getting ready and headed out around 8. I have never eaten at Montana's, but have heard many good things about them. Walked over...not open. Sign was out...but not a soul around. Sigh....guess like I won't be eating there today. So, we headed over to Cafe Goa for breakfast. Amy and I ordered banana pancakes and the guys had...no idea...some regular American breakfast. The banana pancakes were fantastic, as they always are. Coffee was hot and fresh and the service was good. I have already settled into Jamaica mode and so has my hubby. Our friends are quickly adjusting to it as well. It's different, you know? Having only been at AI's, the process of going to eat or just being out and about is just, well, different. Yet, I can see that they are already loving it! Our on-going joke with them was based on their responses to things...whether they would get a check in the "yep, we'll bring you back with us" or the "Um, no, sorry" columns. So far...a negative check for getting sick, but a positive check for her hubby helping mine get me back to my room in one piece the night before. haha

After breakfast, it was mostly just a beach day. Prior to coming to Negril, we had told our friends about all of the vendors on the beach. You know, Norman and his patties, Dean and his pork, fruit and juice peeps, etc etc. Well...today there wasn't too much of it. The beach was quieter than I've ever seen it in March. No patties. No pork. Fruit, but not my normal fruit lady...can't seem to think of her name right now. So anyway- I decided that last night, considering I drank the following amount of beer:

Name:  IMG_0189.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  94.4 KB

I would find something new to drink. We brought some ashtrays down for Maureen at Sunnyside, because evidently, people like to take them! So I headed over to take her the ashtrays and hug her neck! We spend a lot of time over there and it's always great to see her! Ordered a bit of the "hair of the dog" in the form of a foofoo hummingbird - unfortunately - no bananas yet, so I picked up a couple bottles of water and continued rehydrating. We spent the day lazing around in the water and on the beach. We all needed just a day to do nothing and boy, did that sand gravity hit hard! Clouded up quite a bit in the afternoon, but no rain. Was actually a good break from the hot hot sun. Spent the day between Sunnyside, the beach, and the water. Finally, time to head in and get cleaned up for dinner. My plan was to eat at Alfreds the night we got in, but that didn't happen. So we decide to head over tonight. I do not like fish normally. However, I am a huge fan of their fish and chips. Last reach, the fish was really greasy...so we were hoping it was better this time. God was it good!

Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0008.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0010.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0021.jpg
Size:  93.6 KB

Finished dinner - back to Sunnyside for a few rum punches and called it a night.

Up tomorrow? The fire dancer, feeling better, and a crazy night!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Pictures ROCK!!!-great report too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Great report, fantastic pics. Will be waiting for more.
    Sunset at the Palms 2/09
    Point Village 08/09
    Xtabi 08/09
    Footeprints 11/09
    Negril Beach Club June 22, 2016-July 9, 2016
    Country Country November 19, 2016-November 27, 2016
    White Sands 12/28-21/7/23
    *previously known as crazy4caribbean*

User Info Menu

Lovin' the photos and the report! I'm at my 9 day countdown and your report is making me SO excited! It's only my third stay in Negril and the last time was 2 years ago so the wait is killing me...so I appreciate living vicariously through you until I can be there myself next week!

User Info Menu

Yea, a Texan going to hit da rock!! 8.5 more daze! Safe Travels neighbor!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

nice pics

User Info Menu

treat report tx