Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Coco La Palm Room Differences/Recommendations?

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm Room Differences/Recommendations?

So I think I've narrowed our hotel choice down to Coco La Palm for 9-10 days in January. Now I'm trying to determine which room category, and hoping I can get some recommendations from veteran guests.

We definitely would like a balcony or terrace/patio area to sit outside out room. Refrigerator is a must. I honestly don't have strong feelings one way or another about 1 King or 2 Queen beds. What I'm trying to sort out is if we should spring for a Superior Room, Coco Suite, or Jr Suite. At minimum I'm feeling we need a Deluxe room. I like the idea of having the extra room available but trying to keep an eye on the budget too.

From what I can tell, I think we would be happier in the old buildings and are definitely not interested in a standard room over there. My husband is a social butterfly, so think he would be happier have a pool view room.

For anyone that has stayed in the new Coco Suites, was it a hassle being on the 3rd floor? The balconies look wonderful, but sounds like a lot of stairs.

I noticed there is also a Coco-One Bedroom Suite on their website as well with cost slightly less than a Deluxe room. Any idea where this is this located?

Has anyone regretted staying in a Deluxe room, wishing they would have upgrated?

I'm expecting the cost difference between a Deluxe Room and the Jr Suite in January will be just under $500. That's a big chunk of change that could be used on other things, and am hoping I can get some recommendations from the experts on which room type to book. Appreciate any insights you can share!!

User Info Menu

Re: Coco La Palm Room Differences/Recommendations?

Hi Anoka girl.... guessing Anoka, Mn......I'm right down the road in Fridley........lol... sorry if my assumption is wrong ! Anyway, you will be perfectly happy in deluxe room, if just two of you, unless you are the type that love ''hanging in your room'' a lot, you will be fine... and yes, it will give you plenty of money for the other things ! Good call on Coco, you will love it , they are owned by a Minnesota family...lots of charm!!!!! ( Dontcha know !!

User Info Menu

If you go for the superior room like 521, you can get a covered patio. Very helpful when it rains since none of the Jr suites or 3rd floor rooms have any cover. 521 isn't much on the inside with 2 queen beds and not a lot of space, but it has the fridge. We've specifically reserved that room on our last two trips. Perfect for walking straight out onto the beach. The jr suites have a bigger bathroom and more space/light inside but they are second floor and more of a walk if you go back to your room a lot during the day.

User Info Menu

I personally like the older rooms as they are more private and have patios rather then doing a common hotel hallway thing the newer rooms have...JR suites are nice and they usually aren't much more then the superior rooms

User Info Menu

I like the superior rooms, just because of the covered patio. We used to always stay in a Jr Suite and the balconies are huge, but no cover, so no shelter from the rain. With the addition of the roof over the dining area and the expanded bar, that should be less of a deciding factor in the future...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2nutz4travel View Post
    I like the superior rooms, just because of the covered patio. We used to always stay in a Jr Suite and the balconies are huge, but no cover, so no shelter from the rain. With the addition of the roof over the dining area and the expanded bar, that should be less of a deciding factor in the future...
    I always get the Jr. Suite too love the space and big bathroom but it really does suck when it rain and there's no cover on the balcony and I love to sit out on the balcony when it's raining...although I already booked the JS I think I may consider a superior room for the cover, but question are the bathrooms big (double sink) like the Jr. Suites? I've seen one before but cant remember the set up...
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

The bathroom sizes are the same Iriechic as I recall for the superior and Jr suite..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    The bathroom sizes are the same Iriechic as I recall for the superior and Jr suite..
    Great! ...the superior rooms has the double queen beds too right?
    Thanks Fargoman I think I will make the balcony cover move!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Superior rooms do not have a double sink, but they do have 2 Queen beds. We always book a Superior room so we will be in the older section and have the covered patio. We book through an agent (Onestop Vacations, they usually have the best prices), but because of that, we do not get to choose a specific room. We would be ok with a Deluxe room, but since we can't choose a specific one, we don't want to take a chance on getting a room in the new section. By the way, we just happened to luck out and were given Superior room 521 last year, walk out directly onto the beach.