Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP CHARLIE (Groundskeeper - NBCC)

User Info Menu

Unhappy RIP CHARLIE (Groundskeeper - NBCC)

I just got a call from a friend in Negril that Charlie from Negril Beach Club has passed away. He was an amazing man that not only kept the beach clean and tidy but also saw to it that all guests were cared for. He continued to work through all the pain and never let on to the struggles he was having with his health. There was never a day that he didn't greet you with a wide smile. He will be missed.

User Info Menu

Rest in peace and may God bless
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I only know Junior the rasta man with the beauitful eyes! is this the same man, what did Charlie look like?
    Rest in Peace Charlie...

User Info Menu

No, not Junior (the tall Rasta man). Charlie was the older man who was always on the beach raking. He has been off the property for awhile as his health had begun to fail. He didn't have a pension so he was trying to work as long as possible.
    Last edited by Jamerican71; 10-11-2011 at 08:59 PM.

User Info Menu

ohhh that's very sad, may he rest in peace.

User Info Menu

Charlie was working last December and January when we were there. Would always grab our towels and throw them on our chairs under the tree where we liked to sit. And if our favorite "juice man" would come to deliver the Orange Juice and we wouldn't be around, he'd put it on our porch for us. Had heard he had to leave last spring. He was a great friend and we will really miss him!

User Info Menu

Charlie will be missed. He was gone this summer as work had become too difficult. He was very kind, thoughtful. He'd worked there for at least 17-18 years. He always had a kind word & a smile. For years he made sure I had what I needed for my relaxing days on the beach. He was a good, hard working man.

User Info Menu

Name:  SN850146 (Medium).JPG
Views: 429
Size:  52.9 KB

User Info Menu

My husband is very saddened by this news, he knew him well from his hometown, said he was a kind humble man that was loved by may tourists and friends.

User Info Menu

RIP Charlie - Charlie was such a wonderful person and often was in so much pain when he was working but never gave up. I'm thankful he's at peace now but will definetely be missed.