Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport Requirements

User Info Menu

Passport Requirements

I've been to the website to check but don't see anything on this. Does Jamaica require that your passport be valid for a specified time frame beyond entry? We are traveling from the US and will be entering June 22, 2016. My husband's passport expires in September 2016. Just want to make sure he won't have any problems.

The website says " The passport or other travel document must be valid for the period of intended stay in the island." So I would assume he is OK.
    Sunset at the Palms 2/09
    Point Village 08/09
    Xtabi 08/09
    Footeprints 11/09
    Negril Beach Club June 22, 2016-July 9, 2016
    Country Country November 19, 2016-November 27, 2016
    White Sands 12/28-21/7/23
    *previously known as crazy4caribbean*

User Info Menu

Re: Passport Requirements

I asked the immigration officer last time. As long as it's valid for the period of your stay it's OK

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Thanks Cap. That is what I read but then I panicked a bit when I read an MSN article about passports, etc.... My husband would have been pretty upset when me and the girls continued on our trip and he was turned away! Nothing is keeping me away, it's been far to long.
    Sunset at the Palms 2/09
    Point Village 08/09
    Xtabi 08/09
    Footeprints 11/09

User Info Menu

Here is what I believe. When you enter the country they stamp your passport with a 3 month stay(everyone). If your passport expires within the three month window they have every right to deny you entry. I would go and get a new one just to be safe. You have lots of time.

User Info Menu

My wife and I both renewed our US Passports (mine was full, her's expiring) and it only took 3 weeks for both. They do let you put your next travel dates on there. I scanned mine (I like to look at all the JA stamps on there...) but we both got our old books back in separate mail.

User Info Menu

I am quite sure it has to be valid for at least 6 months . check out 6 month validity rule .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pine tree john View Post
    I am quite sure it has to be valid for at least 6 months . check out 6 month validity rule .
    I specifically asked about the 6 month rule. Maybe the immigration officer was mistaken?

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

I checked ,and Jamaica is on the list .... better to be safe . a renewal is fairly hassle free . just cost money . and you need a new pic.
    It is not US imposed . It is done by country visiting .

User Info Menu

I emailed the Jamaican consulate once to ask them, as long as it's valid for your return you're good. However, some of the airlines require the 6 months, so you may want to check with your airline.

User Info Menu

I found this website through our airline: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/ you can check your specific itinerary and it will tell you if you have sufficient travel documents for entry. We may go ahead and get it renewed just to be safe. The U.S. Department of State just states that the passport must be valid at time of entry. And the Consulate General of Jamaica website says it must be valid for intended period of stay. Better to be safe than sorry!
    Sunset at the Palms 2/09
    Point Village 08/09
    Xtabi 08/09
    Footeprints 11/09