Babe and I enjoyed our first trip to Jamaica (never been to Caribbean). We had 10 nights in Negril, and are looking forward to next time we are able to visit.
Last fall we knew that we wanted to take a vacation to a beach location as winter was going to be busy and long. When my buddy let us know he is celebrating his 50th birthday at Sandals Negril middle of April 2011, we figure that Negril will be the spot for vacation.
Do some research, one of the resources found is the Negril.com message board. So Babe and I plan five nights with them and three other couples at the all inclusive. With tips garnered from boardies, we liked the idea of splitting the trip up, so we plan to head to the cliffs for the last five nights. I’ve never stayed at an AI and am not sure what to expect. With all the positive comments about the west end we really looked forward to our last 5 nights on the rocks!
With six months from booking to departure I had lots of time to make a big list of potential things to do, but understood that ‘sand gravity’ will take over if we let it (we let it). Other than accommodations, the only other preplanning involved contacting Alrick Allen http://yourjamaicantourguide.com/ to arrange a transfer from the AI to the cliffs (with countryside tour) and airport transfer at end of trip.
Thanks to all the board members.
Winston.