Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP: Thoughts and Suggestions Needed PLEASE!!

User Info Menu

HELP: Thoughts and Suggestions Needed PLEASE!!

My husband and I are looking to take our honeymoom in Negril. Neither of us have done any traveling out of United States and we are looking for some ideas from people who have been there. Where to stay?? Best place for your money?? Best deals?? Any other suggestions that you may have for us. Thanks for your time

User Info Menu

It is difficult to recommend something without knowing how you "Roll"! In other words, do you have to have someone waiting on you hand and foot or do you like to do things for yourself (i.e. All-Inclusive Meal Plans vs find places to eat....etc.). Does it have to be on the beach or would the cliffs work for you?

The best way to get the best information is to give a short paragraph describing your "dream" vacation and maybe a little of the "I would settle for this..." as well!

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I have to agree, you need to tell us a little more of what your looking for. We can go cheap and still have fun, or we can get you pampered and still see some of the real Jamaica. I would however suggest you get out and enjoy the real Jamaica outside of the resort if you so decide to stay at one.

User Info Menu

There are extensive threads here as well if you type in the "search" area .. best restaurant... best hotel... cliffs vs beach... Try some research and when you think you have a feel for what you are looking for give the boardies some more information about what you've decided and I'm sure you'll have no problems getting an abundance! of information almost too many options to make up your mind lol

User Info Menu

Its not Kansas for sure.....COMMON SENSE will "save" the day....................

1,000 stupid questions much better than One foolish Mistake.................

Read Definitions of "Friend" and then "Acquaintances............" Before you get there

Be Safe and Enjoy - Return
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Oops!! I guess I should have left more details!! Sorry my first time writing one of these. We want to stay at an all-inclusive we would like to have a variety of food from casual to fine dining. We don't need to be waited on hand and foot, but if we were to have any questions I would like to be able to have someone there to ask and help. We would like to try some water sports and not have to pay to much extra for them. We want to stay right on the beach and be able to take some walks on the beach also. We would also like to take a small trip off the resort to see the island a little. Maybe to see the cliffs and take a hike!! We really are just looking to lay back and relex but also have the chance to experience things that we can't here at home in Wisconsin!! Hope this helps a little, I will also take your advise of using the threads on here to find some information!

User Info Menu

If you haven't yet read Clarity andd Markus's trips reports from earlier this year, click on the link below. They started their stay at Grand Pineapple (a Sandals all inclusive) and then moved further up the beach to CocaLaPalm for the latter part of their trip - great reports with lots pictures. These are both excellent locations.

http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?6-...vel-Blog-Day-1

If you want something a little more secluded and private, the cliffs/West End might be the ticket. As other boardies have posted if you give us more info we can better advise you (ie all inclusive or not; price range you are looking for; month of travel; and any required ammenities at hotel such as AC, pool, etc).

User Info Menu

Oops!! I guess I should have left more details!! Sorry my first time writing one of these. We want to stay at an all-inclusive we would like to have a variety of food from casual to fine dining. We don't need to be waited on hand and foot, but if we were to have any questions I would like to be able to have someone there to ask and help. We would like to try some water sports and not have to pay to much extra for them. We want to stay right on the beach and be able to take some walks on the beach also. We would also like to take a small trip off the resort to see the island a little. Maybe to see the cliffs and take a hike!! We really are just looking to lay back and relex but also have the chance to experience things that we can't here at home in Wisconsin!! Hope this helps a little, I will also take your advise of using the threads on here to find some information!

User Info Menu

Negril is a wonderful place. The beach and the cliff's have two different vibes and you should experience both.

Hubby and I prefer the cliffs. For romance Catcha is perfect. Tensing Pen. These however, are not A/I's. The cave's offers A/I.

As far as taking a trip off the resort. We loved YS Falls/Pelican Bar. However, it is an all-day excursion. But the Pelican Bar is truly unique and YS Falls is just stunningly beautiful. Plus it gives you a chance to see different parts of the island. Most people combine the two because they are located in the same region.

For a quick trip off the resort, you might check out Rick's Cafe (yes, touristy, but still cool for a first timer) for a cold one, watch the divers and catch the sunset. Snorkeling at Xtabi is a great way to spend an afternoon on the cliff's. Just have lunch there and they will be happy to let you snorkel their cove. One of the best coves on the cliffs for snorkeling.

Haven't stayed on the beach, so I can't help you there, but there are plenty here who can.

User Info Menu

I think Grand Pineapple is a good AI suggest for you, since it is right on the main beach and you can easily walk the beach and explore but also have everything is taken care of for you right there. Def. check Clarity's report for photos, description, etc. I have never stayed AI in Negril, but if I did I think I would go with Grand Pineapple.