Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: renting jet ski's on the beach

User Info Menu

renting jet ski's on the beach

Wondering how much and for how long? Has anyone enjoyed doing this?

User Info Menu

Rates range from
    us$35 for 1/2 hr
    to
    us$40 per hour
    Depending on size of bike (aka waverunner), how busy it is & how good of a 'deal maker' you are.
    I've found the guys located at One Mile good to work with
    Last edited by dave; 10-15-2011 at 02:44 PM.

User Info Menu

sounds about right..always ask for the nice one tho they use as a demo..otherwise they may give you a lesser more beat up one..

User Info Menu

Jet ski's are overlooked for the sake of "tourism", even though they are extremely dangerous and harmful to the environment. Negril remains subject to hydrocarbon discharges from the high and increasing density of inshore motor boat traffic. Each motor boat or, "jet ski" which leaves a wake behind on the surface also leaves behind a small oil slick and a turbid plume of resuspended fine-grained bottom sediments. Pollution causes damageto coral reefs due to poisons and heavy metals. Once these sediments and poisons have entered the coral through polyps, the polyps die and without the polyps no new corals can grow leading to complete destruction on the coral.

It is imperative that we continue to raise awareness and to inspire others to respect our precious planet. As we continue to devise new ways to mitigate humans’ effects onour planet, we owe it to ourselves to compassionately educate those around us.
    Last edited by Rhodesresort; 10-18-2011 at 06:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Well said! I too wanted to ride the jet skis, but will reserve that for a lake somewhere. The damage to the reef will change things up forever, and not in a good way. I want my Booger to be able to enjoy later in her life what I have the pleasure to enjoy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesresort View Post
    Jet ski's are overlooked for the sake of "tourism", even though they are extremely dangerous and harmful to the environment. Negril remains subject to hydrocarbon discharges from the high and increasing density of inshore motor boat traffic. Each motor boat or, "jet ski" which leaves a wake behind on the surface also leaves behind a small oil slick and a turbid plume of resuspended fine-grained bottom sediments. Pollution causes damageto coral reefs due to poisons and heavy metals. Once these sediments and poisons have entered the coral through polyps, the polyps die and without the polyps no new corals can grow leading to complete destruction on the coral.

It is imperative that we continue to raise awareness and to inspire others to respect our precious planet. As we continue to devise new ways to mitigate humans’ effects onour planet, we owe it to ourselves to compassionately educate those around us.

User Info Menu

Booger - Exactly! - Why waste $60.00 bucks to rent a craft that is not well maintained, place everyone around you in danger, and, help destroy the environment?

For a mere $5 USD fee, guests and locals can enjoy healthy, "Samuel's Bay", a National government protected Marine Park located at Rhodes Hall Plantation in Hanover. Samuel's Bay has one of healthiest coral reefs on the island and you won't find jet ski's here. The fee is a small donation that helps us maintain the environment so that you, your little "Booger", and other little Booger's can, "enjoy later in life what we have the pleasure
    to enjoy now"!
    Last edited by Rhodesresort; 10-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you Rhodesresort for caring about the environment.

If we want to continue to enjoy the beauty of Negril and the entire world for that matter we all need to be more environmentally aware.

As a healthy 37 year old I developed an illness called Multiple Chemical Sensitivity or Environmental Illess or Toxic Induced Loss of Tolerance (TILT). This illness is growing in numbers and now even children are affected by it. This illness is caused by chemicals in the environment including petrochemicals. It can be a one time large exposure or just normal life exposure. There was no warning and it is extremely life altering/restricting.

I enjoy the sea water as it is cleansing and I function much better in Negril...adding toxic chemicals takes away from this experience.

This illness can happen to anyone and will continue to grow in numbers until we make some major changes to reduce our day-to-day exposure to 100's of chemicals.

User Info Menu

Never have and never will ride one there. Rhodes Resort you are doing the right thing. MiShell sorry you are having to deal with that.

User Info Menu

When I carried my sons to negril, we found a good deal close to Grand Pineapple where were staying. I cant remember the guys name but he had the best rates on the beach. We had a blast riding the jetskis, the boys loved it and will ride again when we return to Negril.

User Info Menu

Rhodesresort - THANK YOU!