Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

The day to ride, stop and ride some more

Two or three days before I leave, I plan a slow ride from Under the Rock beach to Shan Shy beach stopping often along the way. Besides the driver, I do this alone. I review the visit and give thanks for going home with no bruises or scars. I also have a mild meltdown at the reality that the "making of new memories in Jamaica" is coming to an end..at least for the present reach.

However, Kameesha asked to come with me so I slightly changed the agenda. I will drop her off before we go to St. Margaret’s Bay. She was a little pouty with those arrangements but I wasn’t taking her to that bar.

I was up at the crack of dawn. I read a little. Looked at a few of my pictures. Fussed with my hair. Then I did what I said I wasn’t going to do…laundry

I wanted to wash one dress but the others dove in.

Breakfast was that papaya after something left over from last night. I think it was cowfoot??

User Info Menu

I wanted to hire Tommy for this excursion, but since I was going to the fish fry in St. Margaret’s Bay and Cleveland provided the hookup it was only right he go with me.

Soon we’re on our way…

Glimpse at Long Bay Beach

User Info Menu

First stop…Under Di Rock Restaurant on the beach at Hectors River.

User Info Menu

Kameesha got in the water. Cleveland found a spot under a tree. I roamed around taking pictures & videos. I actually captured a great vid of two lizards getting busy on the rocks. I can see my mother shaking her head now…lol

User Info Menu

Ahh, You save the best pictures for last? Day dreaming now!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yes, Vince I did...but the last is still yet to come

User Info Menu

Kameesha is hungry so we go to the restaurant to see what’s cooking.

Fish was on the menu, but it wouldn’t be ready for a while so she ordered the fried chicken. The ladies in the kitchen are super nice and the food is excellent.

We go to the bar which is adjacent to the restaurant to get K and soda and Cleveland a red stripe.

User Info Menu

SUPER CLEAN cook shop!! (drooling!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

500J

K and I sit in the shade and chat while she eats. This was our first opportunity to converse one-on-one. She’s a very soft spoken 15 year old who’s joys are music, internet and religion. She makes a little money helping her Auntie run the store. She says she saving for an I-Phone. You should have seen her eyes when she talked about having that phone. After she told me what she makes a week, I knew that wasn’t going to happen for a long time. But, it’s good she has a goal and I commended her for starting a savings. What??? You didn’t think I was going to offer to buy her one did you???? LOL

Later she mentioned dreaming of staying at a hotel where you can eat all day and all night. Okay, now THAT I can do. So during my summer 2017 visit, I’m taking her to Ocho Rios for 2 or 3 nights at an all-inclusive. Much cheaper than an I-Phone!

Time to depart for the next stop…this is the view from one of the upper decks. They still have parties here on weekend nights and holidays. I hope to check one out on a future visit, but for now I’m happy to enjoy the beach and BAR!!!

User Info Menu

Mon, that VIEW!!! Untouched!!! Love it!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]