Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

I will see you in Negril anyway Joann!!!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Manchoneal, the home of Reach Falls, is a large fishing community. So, naturally, the seaside is lined with colorful fishing boats. This is one of the areas where the boats come in and people from all over Portland shop for fresh fish and lobster when in season.

User Info Menu

Although we were only there for about five minutes, I felt a comfortable acceptance that had me thinking about my next visit that would last a little longer. I feel a need to become familiar with these communities along the trek between Port Antonio and St. Thomas. Although aligned and connected, it’s obvious they have individual and unique vibes.

User Info Menu

Vi how far is that from Long Bay? We didn't explore that far down this year but staying in Long bay next year would like to check it out.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

takinitslow, the fishermen’s landing is less than 10 minutes from Long Bay. The town itself is another 5 minutes from there. I’ve already made arrangements to get fish and hopefully lobster when I return. I’ll have more information about the area for you before you go.

User Info Menu

A Bit of Long Bay

Further up the road to Long Bay…the beach I’ve fallen in love with. I call this the “ruffneck” beach because the current is so rude. This is not my usually stopping point in Long Bay, but I appreciated the natural rustic condition of the beach. Plus, there’s a cool bar right there. I thought I took a couple of shots of it….well I know for sure I GOT a couple of shots from it.

I’ve noticed more and more cookshops and bar have opened up along the beach side. That’s great because it means wicked parties and nice evening chill spots.

Kameesha eased up next to me and asks if she could stay with me the rest of the day. “Not this time, sweetie. But I promise when I return I’ll make sure to take you on a nice road trip someplace special.” She smiled and said she can’t wait. No, I didn’t feel bad for sticking to my original answer/plan. I still need that “Vi” time with no distractions. After all…I’m soon leaving even though I won’t be ready to leave. Not something I feel the need to explain to anyone. Besides I offered no entertainment and very little conversation. I don’t care about Cleveland because he was being paid to be around my depressing sorry self. But Kameesha shouldn’t have to share or even witness my down moments.

I truly love Long Bay

Here’s a clip of the ocean…nothing too exciting…just the ocean I enjoy watching.
    https://youtu.be/mAstCnztgNY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    I will see you in Negril anyway Joann!!!!!
    I can't wait ! I'm there around the same time time as you guys !!!! I will be jealous when you guys leave Negril, I will now know exactly where you are going,
    After these fabulous reports and pictures I know I'm going to make my way there, someday, hopefully sooner than later !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post

Manchoneal, the home of Reach Falls, is a large fishing community. So, naturally, the seaside is lined with colorful fishing boats. This is one of the areas where the boats come in and people from all over Portland shop for fresh fish and lobster when in season.

Ahh, There's mi future bar/shop!! Mi weakness is da fishing boats!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    A Bit of Long Bay

I truly love Long Bay

Here’s a clip of the ocean…nothing too exciting…just the ocean I enjoy watching.
    https://youtu.be/mAstCnztgNY

You know Long Bay always steals my heart...from our first time there, till this very day...sigh

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Ahh, There's mi future bar/shop!! Mi weakness is da fishing boats!!!
    Vince, I hope you can book soon, I can tell your just Busting TO GO !!!!