Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

A brief stop for petro and then another to add air to a couple of tires before continuing on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Vince, he was very optimistic about his future. Said he used to cook for someone else then decided to find place and open his own business. He's only been up and running for two months, but already has dedicated customers. I'm one of them.
    My type of guy there! Go out on your own and prove to yourself and hustle hard for da family!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Ahh, goats for the curry latta? Now that's my type of country drive!!!- I'll ride on da roof of da car to go with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

JitterBug, As long as I have been traveling to Jamaica, it wasn’t until staying in Portland that I had the pleasure or opportunity to chat like that. Get this, they told me they would give me the 411 on any Portie mon who asks to be my boyfriend. LOL LOVE IT!!!

those men would tell the truth!!

User Info Menu

LOL Vince, I can see you traveling that way and also sitting in the back of an open trunk!

JitterBug, you got that right. And I would trust their opinion/advice as if my future depended on making a decision based on it.

User Info Menu

Little hand-painting signs are posted on trees, fences and rocks to guide you to the falls. If you happen to miss a sign or two, no worries, just ask ANYONE and they will gladly tell you if you are headed in the right direction or wrong direction….lol

The sweet part about arriving to the falls, and a definitely excitement builder, is you can’t see the falls until you are standing in front of it. Your anticipation for that first glimpse builds and builds as you travel over the gravel field/road enclosed by one of the most majestic mountain views in Jamaica. Gently driving thru two or three streams. Follow the grooved trail that appears to have a secret ending. We all sat silently as Tommy coasted to where he can park.

Even after parking, getting out, and stretching…you STILL don’t see the falls until you walk the rushing water runway.

User Info Menu

I already know this will be my fav part...those falls are spectacular come on give it to us...i'm ready for this!

User Info Menu

It's AMAZING how here at work on spare time, I look at ANYTHING that says, speaks, looks like Jamaica. And I say to myself, I've seen that picture before, that is over by.... or I'll go I think I remember seeing that or heard about that. But wait a minute..... Your pictures have GOT ME saying " mon, you can't say ANYTHING now can ya!" For once I have NEVER seen pictures like these that you share with us! Simply AMAZING part of Jamaica!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Video

This was the scene as we entered into Port Antonio. The typical week day madness concentrated within 3 square blocks downtown. But come Sunday…everything calm. People gone. Noise gone. Sammy, I know you can appreciate this familiar scene. Just wish I had better background music.

https://youtu.be/EPYNImJ8F8I
    love it...felt as if it were me doing the driving...didn't realize just how much i miss portland until now...sigh

User Info Menu

Vince…oh my…THANK YOU for that wonderful expression. I can “feel” your heart in those words. However, SammyB, Takinitslow, Rob and anyone else who has spent time in Portland will simultaneous proclaim that none of these pictures capture the true beauty of that place. Just wait…you’ll see…

Sammy…here you go…