Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Ok, *vi*, we are ready for more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Ok, Vince, here's more...

User Info Menu

The night before my last full day was spent doing a little laundry, final packing, cleaning then delivering the first round of good-byes. Of course the latter task is done post happy hour. I was a mess so I’ll leave those details out…the ones I remember anyway…

Kameesha stopped by to surprised me with a gift. A ceramic coffee mug decorated with turtles and “Jamaica” written across the front in black letters. It was snug inside a little tattered box. PRICELESS!!! In all my travels to Jamaica, this is the first gift I’ve ever received. She said it’s a thank you present for taking her out with me and buying her food. Oh wow…I still remember the smile on her face when I told her “I LOVE IT!”

She invited me to join her and other family members to go swimming down at the sea in the morning. That sounded like the perfect start to my last full day in Portland…

User Info Menu

Last full day.

I was up early cuz I wanted to get the most out of this day. Kameesha came for me and we both waited on the side of the road for everyone else. At 7:15 AM, it was a beautiful quiet morning in Portland.

User Info Menu

Everyone arrived and we took the short walk down to the sea. I always stop to admire this “house” whenever I pass it. One of these days I’m going to meet the owner and ask a whole lot of questions like, You think I could have one of those rooms once the place is complete???”

That’s Chubby’s place to the right. I thought I had a better daytime shot but can’t find it.

This is what I come down here for. To listen to music, have a drink or three while enjoying the scenery and quiet. This is my first time getting in the water.

another ocean view

User Info Menu

Good stuff vi, I can sense the end is near... always a bummer. Very nice report, looking forward to the conclusion.
    Have you seen any pictures of the damage in the Portland area from the hurricane? It's not terrible, but it'll take some work to rebuild sea-walls along the roads. Thought of you when I saw pics of Long Bay damage.

User Info Menu

Hi TAH and thanks for the complement on the report. Since I’m never ready to leave, the last full day is hard. I need to take a "piece" of Jamaica back with me, that’s why I take so many pictures and now videos.

So sweet of you to think about me during Portland’s Matthew hit. Last night I was on the phone with friends from the Boston and Port Antonio areas. They didn’t mention land or building damages but they let me know they are fine and they only lost current for about 20 minutes. I’ll go on line and look at the Long Bay. Thanks again for hangin in with me, TAH.

User Info Menu

*Vi* , I'm returning to Port Antonio for my first visit in over ten years coming next February. My last visit, we stayed on Navy Island so it's been that long. My old computer, the one recycled long ago, contained all my priceless pictures so I have none to share. Old friends are travelling with me but one newbie is coming. He has several Jamaica trips under his belt but this is his first trip to PA. Your pictures are telling a story my words cannot. I am pumped and already unhappy with the amount of time we'll be in Port. We're doing Knutsford and staying at Finjam Cottage near the marina. Thanks so much for your pictures. I was hoping to go to Boston via route taxi and now I know I can. Approximately how much is the fare? Any in town places to eat or drink in near walking distance of the marina? Back then we ate well at a place in town at Unna de Rock and drank heavily at Kingsley's Pub near the Musgrave Market with a one of a kind fella named Big Joe who had more letters in his name than teeth. I don't know if any of them are still around. Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Vi, I don't think I could find enough trouble in Portland that I do in Negril....lol...seriously though, thank you as usual for the great pictures and reporting, you must be quite the popular gal
    in Portland, people are going to think your a local I have a boardie friend that expressed interest in going to Portland next summer, hopefully we can make that happen, ( you listening Melissa !! )
    and it would be excellent if we could go when you are there, we shall work on that, okay, waiting patiently for you to wrap it up. I'm pretty curious about tractor hehe

User Info Menu

That house looks big, but once you see the couple walking beside that house is BIG!!!!- To me it's too big. I just need a likkle simple place up in da hills with a view of da watta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]