Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Can't get enough of these pictures!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yay for Vimeo, that worked perfectly, thank you! And hey, I'm not going anywhere... Staying tuned for more of your trip report. Great pictures, awesome video, and entertaining writing to go along with it. Next best thing to being there in person!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Hi Miss BaileysMom and welcome. I appreciate your comment!! So sorry you couldn't see the video. I imagine it's the Super Cat song that's causing the grief. I wonder if others from the US were able to see it. I'll try to post directly if I can. But please hang around and continue enjoying the ride.
    couldn't see the Vid either Miss Vi.....blocked for Canada
    Last edited by Summer; 08-27-2016 at 11:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Oh yes I was able to watch the Vid on Vimeo love it......wasn't able to do so on Youtube
    Last edited by Summer; 08-27-2016 at 11:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Miss Vi I loved love your trip report, have not been on in sometime so busy with school and now working for the summer.....home today and decided to come on. Your trip report just blew my Mom and I away beautiful.....the scenery and the food/fruits. One more year of school and am telling you my first trip after I start working will be jamaica. Thanks for posting/sharing

User Info Menu

I'm just ''floating ''along with you darling, wishing I was there with you , you are the one person that has been able to drag me from my beloved Negril beach, and made me want to venture out to Portand, I would hope to think that someday I could tag along with you, that is my wish..

User Info Menu

*vi*, anymore pictures and stories?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

My personal annotations about chartering a raft. It’s an amazing 2-3 hour visual experience where the entertainment is the pure natural beauty of Jamaica. Although the drift takes you along one of the most beautiful scenic routes on the island, if you are not a soulful admirer of breathtaking landscapes there’s a good chance you will be bored. We passed at least three rafts carrying people who looked like they would rather be sitting at the DMV. And you know what, that’s okay because not everything Jamaican/Jamaica is for everybody. But if you go, the event can be enhanced by bringing music, purchasing a cold drink from a floating beverage raft and definitely visiting Belinda’s restaurant. Of course you can bring along your own “enhancements” as well.

The end of the journey...but looking forward to the beginning of another.
    https://youtu.be/XZ4eBigNotQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BaileysMom View Post
    Yay for Vimeo, that worked perfectly, thank you! And hey, I'm not going anywhere... Staying tuned for more of your trip report. Great pictures, awesome video, and entertaining writing to go along with it. Next best thing to being there in person!
    BaileysMom, I so appreciate your positive comments and valuable support. It’s good to know I’m on the right track with these reports/highlights. I tend to be “wordy” so I’ve cut back on the narrative to allow the pictures and video tell the story while still accomplishing the goal of providing information, promoting Portland/Jamaican and sharing my fun. I like Vimeo because I can use any music. Yes, please stick around because a lot of stuff is on the way.

Hi summer. I’m glad it worked as well, however Vimeo’s free plan is very limited. I can only upload one video a day. But the upgrade will be worth the price since it allows me to use any music. Hi there Summer’s mom!!!! I’m glad you and your lovely daughter are enjoying the report so far. I have a few surprises I can’t wait to share!! Summer, wow one more year to go then you BETTER get to Jamaica…girl you deserve this long overdue reach.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I'm just ''floating ''along with you darling, wishing I was there with you , you are the one person that has been able to drag me from my beloved Negril beach, and made me want to venture out to Portand, I would hope to think that someday I could tag along with you, that is my wish..
    Awwwww I swear a visit from my jojo on a Monday is just what I need to rev me up and get to posting with enthusiasm. We will make it happen, jojo. I know you like nightlife and sweetie I found plenty of it this reach and would LOVE for you to party Portland style real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    *vi*, anymore pictures and stories?
    Coming right up, Vince.

User Info Menu

Chillin at Winnifred Beach

Another beautiful day in Portland that will be properly spent hanging on Winnifred beach. It’s a bit of a challenge going down because the path is in bad shape. But once you reach the beach, you forget about that holey, narrow and bumpy road. This is a public beach that is maintained by the shop owners and support by donations of any amount. They do an excellent job of keeping the beach clean, safe and beautiful. Huge parties are held here often, but the cleaning is so thorough, you never see signs of the event the following day.

I look for I-Cliff but I’m told it’s Thursday, his Sabbath day. So I didn’t get to see him at all this visit, still I was invited to pitch my seat in front of his stand.