Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report July/August 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report July/August 2016

Cleveland announced he was hungry. We all loaded back into the car then dropped Kameesha off. I wasn’t hungry. Well I was, but saving my appetite for the fish fry. I was extremely thirsty and all I wanted was coconut water. A nice cold jelly would hit the spot. Told C to stop at the first stand selling jelly.

After passing the third place advertising cold jelly I asked him what was up. Why aren’t you stopping like I asked? Told me he wanted to take me to his cousin’s shop. I remembered saying I wanted to check his place out so I sat back and relaxed until we arrived.

Rasta Stand for coconut wata. He also sells trinkets and such. I got him to pour the wata in an exmpty bottle so I can drink it slowly. We couldn’t stay because Cleveland kept reminding me about his empty stomach.

After leaving the Rasta's place (sorry no picture) we stopped at a different cook shop and Cleveland ran in to get something to eat.
    “You want a meal”?
    “No, Cleveland, I’ll wait to eat when we get to SMB.”
    He didn’t ask a second time…LOL

User Info Menu

I had to stop at the craft market to pick up my goodies and pay Rock Bottom. The day is so beautiful, so sunny I wish I could have lingered there a for a while. Have a drink and chat with him. He’s a cool guy and great listener. But I’m on a mission to dine on some well seasoned anything!!! So I dashed in to take care of business while Cleveland sat in the car and stuffed his face.

This is all his work.

User Info Menu

Hey Vi where was the craft market? Looks kinda cool!! By the way I am taking notes. New things and places to explore this year!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

AAAhhhhhmazing place!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    Thanks JitterBug. Tell me, what do you think of Manchioneal? I know why I have a fondness for Long Bay but I can't figure out what it is about this somewhat "sleepy" community that intrigues me. I don't know...perhaps my knight in shining armor is there???????? LOL

jojo p...CHEERS!!!!!
    My favorite fish restaurant is there, I believe it's called b & l, upstairs above a store on the main road.
    Also real close to Zion country, where I stayed often at free i's

Maybe, u never know!��

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    Hey Vi where was the craft market? Looks kinda cool!! By the way I am taking notes. New things and places to explore this year!!
    it's very easy to spot. It's sits on the right side as you head into town. Right before you get to the divide in the road. One end is the parking area and a juggle gym is at the other. Takinitslow, you can't miss it. I hope you get there and pay Rock Bottom a visit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    AAAhhhhhmazing place!!!
    Vince, more amazing on the way...

User Info Menu

Jitter Bug, I think I know the area. I know where Free I's place is so it can't be far from that. I'll search for it when I return.

User Info Menu

the man…Rock Bottom

His smile is bigger than he is as I approach.

“Ah…here comes my friend!”
    “Hi, how are you today, Rock Bottom??”
    “WELL! My firend. You come and join me for a drink.”
    “Oh I can’t. We are on our way to SMB.”

Rock Bottom bags up my stuff and tosses in a couple of presents for me. He’s a sincere sweetheart. I pay, we hug good bye and I head out.

User Info Menu

C was still eating when I returned to the car and asked for five more minutes to finish. Took out my mp3 player and speaker to listen to some R&B until we take off.

The longer we sat there gazing at that view and getting lost in the smooth vocals of Jon B and Remy Shand, the urge to just stay in Portland was getting hard to ignore.

“The rain stop. The day is now sunny…nice.”
    “Yes it is. But what if it’s raining in SMB? You have dude’s number?”
    “Who??”
    “Your boy! The guy who owns the bar.”
    “Oh, yeah…yeah I have the number.”
    “Maybe you should call him to make sure the function is still on. I would hate for us to go all the way there and the thing isn’t happening.”
    “No man! No. It still going on.” He smiles. “Don’t worry, Vi. A good time you gonna have.”

I smiled. He’s right I would regret not going and I’m instructed to return home without them…regrets that is.