Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
Oh my goodness, Vince, I really feel you and Portland are a soulful match. I thought about you daily. Especially when I sat and chatted with individuals for the first time. I went to a party one night and had the BEST time drinking and dancing in the rain. Why???? It wasn’t just the overproof..lol…but I felt like I was partying with actual friends and neighbors. You’ll see what I mean when I post the video.

I watched a couple of domino games and listened to the banter the guys exchanged. They liked having me hang out and watch. They even bought ME drinks. I never came across that in Negril or Ocho Rios. Those were some of the most memorable moments that I know you long for. Well, my friend, you’ll have them and more when you get there.
(red face) lol- Mi fren Dellie was waiting on our box lunches drinking a Red Stripe at Pamela's in Green Island. And I watched them play dominos and I told Dellie I'm going to play, He laughed and shook his head, and said go ahead boss! ****!!!! 2 games in 2 rounds later for mi co-players, I was SLLLLLOOOOOWWWWIIIINNNGGGG there game down. But hey!! They had fun with mi, I had fun with them!! (note to self) (just watch the dang game and drink your own Red Stripe!!! Dellie, laughed and fist bumped, Boss, you do anything here, "you Jamaican boss?!" He ask mi that every reach we go there to visit. LOL- Dem dudes play dominos QUICK!!! Good tymes mon!!! I remember I got invited to a grave digging, and was helping pass water from da stream, then big mon calls get up here boss!!- time to learn how to mix up sand and mix, shifting sand through the screen, mixing and drinking. Then here came the rain, everyone runs into the rum bar. The ganja smoke starts to flow along with politics! So I stand in da smoke filled rum bar watching da kids play in the rain. I watch finish mi Red Stripe and go join the kids dancing, splashing away in the rain with mi own kids, then more join us out in da rain!! Rain stops then back to work... What memories we have of Jamaica with mi kids and frens down there. Grave digging was serious but fun! Kids coming up "petting mi skin"-lol. No Problem mon. That tells mi not many tourist come up here. LOVE IT!! I wanted to go back to the actual service, but I felt it wasn't right. In mi mind. But then the other half say, join in, you started with the digging and block placement in the hole in the ground. But mi just pass. LOVE Jamaica!!