GREETINGS MilwaukeeMike!

I really appreciate your comment. Nice to hear you are returning to Portland and taking friends and a newbie with you. You stayed on Navy Island???? Where? I ventured over there about 2 years ago and the only hotel I saw was the abandoned Flynn place. Is there something on the other side??? Oh and it breaks my heart to hear you lost your precious photos. Well now you get to start a new library of memories. Wait till you see the changes and of course the familiar.

A route taxi from town to Boston is 150J. You won’t have a travel problem either way. In fact, you are in the perfect location to get to anywhere…especially on foot. You have food and bar options at the marina along with a beautiful beach. Upstairs in the Royal Mall, there’s a place called the Urban Spoon that serves good meals. There are two restaurants and a great chill bar inside the strawmarket by the sea. You can visit Rock Bottom before or after your meal…smile. Then along the road way on the left as you head to Boston is a string of fruit stands and cook shops. The place where Cleveland ate is located on that trek. I do recommend that little spot for food and drinks.

Since you are staying in a guesthouse, it would be to your benefit to take a route taxi to Ramtullas (sp) grocery store to do your marketing then charter a taxi back for about $5US. There are markets in town, but I prefer Ramtaullas because better variety and larger. As you can tell, I can on and on when it comes to Portland…even answering questions you haven’t asked.