Yes, without a doubt Portland is a very beautiful Parish. Port Antonio, as many of you have said is really a step into a sort of "Old Jamaica" feel and one can only imagine how cool it must have been back in the early days.

Because it can be difficult sometimes to get around JA with public transportation if you don't have a rental car or bike often times visitors to Portland only get to see PO and it's many beautiful beaches. I was fortunate enough to have explored the island when the "Big Bus" was a viable way to travel, inexpensively if not slowly. It was a lot of fun getting around. Since I now rent a car in Kingston I really don't know what the public transportation is like except hearing great things about the Knutsford Express which travels from City to City.

The B-1 or A-3 roads take you from the North Coast over the mountains to Kingston. The B-1 road runs from Buff Bay to town exclusively in Portland Parish. It is a beautiful ride that takes you up and over the Blue mountains not too far from the peak. There are many opportunities for hiking and bird watching and the nights there can be cold there. It is where the true Blue Mountain Coffee is grown.

If you find yourself in Portland you might want to check it out.

Regards,
John

Name:  Buff Bay.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  93.8 KBName:  Big Bus.jpg
Views: 1610
Size:  96.0 KBName:  Church In The Clouds.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  98.5 KBName:  Spring Hill.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  101.2 KBName:  Waterfall.jpg
Views: 1446