Besides designing & making bathing suits, Beth has gardening skills!!! Her personal favorites are her orchids. Before arriving I offered to bring them both a thank you gift. Hugh asked for spicy nuts and Beth requested “clips” to support the orchids. I didn’t venture down to the back yard to photo the orchids but I promise to do so next time.

There were five other women from Kingston staying at the guesthouse. They were attending a religious retreat. That evening, one of the younger ladies received devastating news that her father passed suddenly. I joined them in consoling her and listening to thoughts she needed to share.

I had to leave them when my friend showed up for a quick visit. We chatted for about an hour. Before leaving she made me promise not to skip Ocho Rios any more. I told her now that I found Hugh’s & Beth’s place I just might put staying one or two nights back on the agenda. Might.

Hugh & Beth were the perfect host & hostess. They went out of their way to make my brief stay a memorial one. The delightful and caring couple just started renting rooms this year. I will be happy to forward their page to anyone interested in guesthouse accommodations in Ocho Rios.

After a quick bite, I retired to my room to dream about Portland…