Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sandie's Bday trip II

User Info Menu

i'm here - hanging on every word!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Love the pictures! YS Falls look so beautiful!!
    Too bad you can't swing on all those vines like tarzan. I'd love to try jumping off the rope into the water though!
    YS Falls and Mayfield Falls are on my bucket list! - I think we're going to try Mayfield falls first because it's closer but now. ... I'm not sure really sure which one to experience first..
    How was the water temperature? Was it cold? You recommended watershoes.. were the rocks sharp?
    I love that you caught a glimpse of Peter Tosh's final resting place!
    -Daisy

Please keep the trip report coming! Looking forward to the next installment!
    Hey Daisy,
    The water is a little cool but refreshing. I recommend the shoes as the area where you hang out is a little rocky. You could do it barefoot, however it's much more fun to not have to worry about it, especially after numerous beers. I think I paid like $8 for the shoes, so it's a minimal investment to protect the toes.

Seveen,
    More coming at you, soon come. Thanks for following along.

Hey Marley,
    The zipline was up and running. It looked like a lot of waiting, but fun and it picks up some good speed when you shoot over the falls. I would do it backwards so that you can take in the falls the whole time.

User Info Menu

Sandie Bday Part II

One more shot from YS. The area before you hit the falls is lush and quite expansive. I had no idea that they had dedicated so much space before I actually showed up.
    Name:  YS Field before Falls.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  97.0 KB
    They have picnic tables here and there, so if you want to chill you have plenty of space to do so.

The ADD kicked in, so off we went in search of some more cool stuff. Next time I'll be sure to spend much more time there, however we still had much more to see.

Big Bamboo anyone?
    Name:  Bamboo Ave.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  99.4 KB

Kingsley surprised us with this one. I had read about Bamboo Ave numerous times and wasn't sure what to expect. Kingsley stated that when he was a kid the place was much more dense and that hurricanes have thinned it out some. The place also had multiple stands scattered about selling peanuts and other goodies. We drove thru it, flipped a b!tch, and now we were off to part 2 of my planned trip.

Kingsley had prearranged out boat ride and we were to meet the captain near the mouth of the Black River. It was a small boat with the sides close to the water. Nothing like getting close and intimate with a big ass croc.

Name:  croc 1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  85.3 KB

When I saw this guy I motioned for Sandie to check him out. Funny thing is she thought it was a prop. The sign behind him made it look too perfect, plus these guys do not move AT ALL!. It took Kingsley, the captain, and myself to get it across that he was real. I was expecting smaller crocs, they are f'ing huge! Nothing compared to a Nile croc, but big enough.

And the Man himself. Kingsley is a joy to be around for those of you who do not know him.
    Name:  Kingsley.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  88.2 KB

The boat captain gave us a tour along the coast on the way out to Pelican. The beach has eroded and homes who were once beach front are now either leveled or falling into the ocean. Some folks built a little further back and are good, at least for now.
    Name:  pelican.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  83.2 KB

"Hey Captain, speed it up Mon"
    Once it's in sight the kid in you comes out and you just can't wait to get there. "We almost there yet?" It's a sight to be seen and my picture does not do it justice.

The captain pulls right up to the steps, so you could technically do it without getting wet.......

We hopped out and I stood there on the steps for a minute taking the whole thing in. A man and his vision have resulted in the most unique bar that I have and probably will ever see. Alright, the view is nice but I need a beer. I roll in and walk straight to the bar. As you can see a mean game of dominoes was going on.
    Name:  Pelican II.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  99.5 KB
    That's Floyd 2 people from the left sitting down. I have read that the peeps at Floyd's can be indifferent. For me I find this hard to believe. All the guys were chill, hospitable, and helped to make the experience that much more enjoyable. Back to the beer, it was rather cold considering they are running the freezer off of batteries. We drank our fair share too, so my guess is he does not run out, unless you plan on bringing a big group. In that case you might want to phone ahead.

Hung out for awhile and it was time to cool off, so we grabbed a couple more beers and hopped in. A couple different folks were there who were a joy to talk too. Both were staying in Treasure Beach and by the time we were done talking I knew I had to go stay there. I'm all game for a little less hassle and a completely chill vibe and Treasure Beach sounds like the place to go.

Sandie's Bday part III soon come......

Last edited by booger; 10-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Is there a bathroom in there? LOL

User Info Menu

Good question! You better handle number 2 before you set off. No bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy-girl View Post
    Is there a bathroom in there? LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Good question! You better handle number 2 before you set off. No bathroom!
    I was thinking about number 1 with all that drinking, and all.

User Info Menu

Peeing in the ocean is not like peeing in the pool. Just stand down tide of everyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Peeing in the ocean is not like peeing in the pool. Just stand down tide of everyone.

GROSS!!!

User Info Menu

Enjoying the pictures while at work!! There is no place like Catcha!

User Info Menu

sandy-girl.....
    "gross"......lol just think what must be in the water ALL OVER, even by the beach?????........

just kiddin
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning