Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sandie's Bday trip II

User Info Menu

LOL - too funny! I never thought of the logistics of not having a bathroom while at the Pelican Bar before.. it IS in the middle of the ocean.
    If I go, I'll have to make sure I got to the restroom before stepping on the boat.

Love the pictures! Floyds is also on my list of places I want to go! It looks so cool!
    How is the food there? Did you or anyone else order a meal there?

Looking forward to the next Trip report installment!

P.S. that first picture of the lush vibrant green landscape is really beautiful. I can't stop staring at it.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Clarity - I had a meal at Pelican Bar before and it was great! If memory serves, it was fish, festival, and veg. You need to call Floyd ahead of time if you want to eat there... he will give you a choice about what you want him to prepare. Can't beat the atmosphere!

User Info Menu

I was there in the summer a few years back and it was so hot we didnt leave the bathroom except to get another Redstripe at the bar.lol Captain Ted called ahead and ordered our lunch, I think lobster, was really good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    I was there in the summer a few years back and it was so hot we didnt leave the bathroom except to get another Redstripe at the bar.lol Captain Ted called ahead and ordered our lunch, I think lobster, was really good.
    lol poolguy!

User Info Menu

treasure beach IS awesome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    treasure beach IS awesome!
    So I hear. Thinking next trip it will be a road trip so we can check it out.

User Info Menu

Spent a fair amount of time at Floyd's and not even sure where we are at on the beer count. All I know is we were both feeling really good and really enjoying ourselves on this fine day. Time to go back and the ride back of course felt much shorter then the ride there. Couldn't wait to see if that croc was still sunning in the same place. As we get closer we notice he/she is still there and has a buddy too.
    Name:  2 gators.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  92.7 KB
    The boat captain sees our interest and takes it upon himself to stir closer, and closer, and closer. You can tell from the boat in the pic that we were low to the water. All of a sudden he starts splashing them and the one on the left hissed and hauled ass into the water. First time I saw Kingsley tripping in all the time I have spent with him. Said something snappy in Patois and off we were. A little sobering experience for sure.

Look at that mouth!
    Name:  croc close up.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  95.8 KB

We hit the dock and there are a couple of guys selling trinkets. Some cool looking stuff, but they were in no mood for the "Italian price." I'm not sure who mentioned the "Italian price" on here, but it made a lot of people laugh. We high tailed it out of there and headed back to Negril.

Name:  Ocean while driving.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  86.0 KB
    I never tire of the countless beauty all along the way. Bay after bay I still get stoked when a new one emerges. I have put a fair amount of thought into actually driving on my next trip. I lived abroad for a few years and have the driving on the left down. I also do a fine job driving crazy, so I'm sure we'll be fine as soon as I get the horn down.

Name:  driving thru green.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  89.5 KB
    Not sure where we were but this area was cool to drive thru.

And let's not forget the one of many bars sprinkled throughout. They say Jamaica has the most churches in the Caribbean, they must also hold the title for most bars. Beer stops are EVERYWHERE. Have I told you yet that I love this place?
    Name:  Bar on the way back.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  97.4 KB
    This place had nice bathrooms as well and a killer view. This was my last pic of the day, so I know that we were nice and saucy after leaving here. Besides a little detour up to Orange Hill(wish I had gone there earlier in the week), we made it back to Catcha in time to clean up and hit Ivan's for Sandie's Bday sunset.

Vivian and Kanesha had our table ready, which was nice as the place filled up nearly to capacity that night. The sunset was gorgeous and it put a wonderful close to a beautiful day. I knew we had to make another day trip before we headed home, but tomorrow we are chilling. Good thing we didn't plan anything as we closed the bar at Ivan's and finished the night at Eddie's with a little detour to both LTU and Xtabi.

Besides a few hours at the beach, the day after Sandie's Bday was spent in the water at Catcha. Harry and Jeannie(sp) the owners of Catcha were in town and we had a grand old time hanging out. It's cool to see them onsite enjoying themselves just as much as we are. The place must never get old.

Beach day
    If you cliff dwellers want to hang out on Seven Mile all day and have minimal hassle I would encourage you to hit Country Country, the security does a great job.
    Name:  Country Country.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  87.4 KB
    This man takes him job serious and is a great compliment to the resort. Opal at the bar is a sweetheart as well and makes a mean Purple Rain. We only hung out though for a couple of hours and decided that we needed to go see Niah to get one of his great patties. Only problem is he was closed. His wife was there and explained that things were just to slow to stay open. She did offer to cook me a veggie pattie as that was all she had, however I was looking for some chicken and cheese.

Sandie picked up some stuff from the lady closest to the beach and then the rain hit. Time to catch a route taxi back to Catcha.

Percy's soon come......... Man, I loved this place.
    Last edited by booger; 10-20-2011 at 10:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice pix and report - helping me get through the next week and a half!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    We first timed it in May and before we even left we knew we needed to come back. We both like to travel and rarely hit the same place twice, but sometimes you'll find a magical place and you just have to come back. I have a lot of places that I love to go to with Yosemite being my all time favorite. As a kid we made at least a yearly pilgrimage as a family and it just has a place in my heart. Not sure what it is about Negril but it has captured me as well as my wife. So with her Bday hitting the end of September I finally had an excuse to come back. It really was easy to make it happen. "Hey Babe, what do you want to do for your Bday?" The last few years we have either spent a week in Yosemite or Vegas, so I was ready for a change and as it turned out, so was Sandie. "Babe, can we go back to Negril?" " Ummmmmmm, of course we can! "
    Hours and hours of online boardie looking, lurking, posting, and drooling later we are back in Negril.
    Day 1 Red eye out of LAX. Negril here we come.
    You have been to some amazing places and taken some absolutely breathtaking pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
    Last edited by Sweet_Dawta; 10-21-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Waiting for some pictures at Percy,s its on the list for next trip.